Load development help

jsthntn247

What's my next move? 7ss 175 Nosler lrab and Re26. I shot these touching the lands so when I move back it will be decreasing pressure.

Attachments

• 75F11F74-125D-4360-B4CE-40CFB4527626.jpeg
    75F11F74-125D-4360-B4CE-40CFB4527626.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 222
Hard to say without chrono numbers
Imho this. Ocw tests show optimal charge for the distance you are shooting but tell you zero about velocity standard deviation. So while you may get exceptional results at x range you may get sub-optimal at longer and long range. Just something to ponder on your journey.

Is the 62.2 the max load? It appears to me that it is beginning to become better, the heavier/faster the load. The 60.8 also looks like a possible node. As above, I would move back to 20 thousands off the lands and try the 62.2 and the 60.8 apparent nodes.

I shot these touching the lands so when I move back it will be decreasing pressure.
Waste of time.
Touching land relationship is precarious.
I suggest starting over with backing off the load a few grains and doing Berger recommended full seating testing, but at least 5thou off the lands (OTL). Then with best there, move to powder development.

This way, you won't have to manage land erosion or mess with seating again (for THAT bullet).

Each of these groups look like every NABLR bullet I have tested in many different calibers, cartridges, bullet weights, and rifles, save 1. One, out probably 25 attempts with charge weight, seating depth, primer swaps, and neck tensions.