Load development help

I haven't driven velocities much past 3050FPS with the 140 VLD Bergers but the medium sized game I have shot under 100 yards dropped like they were electrocuted. all chest shots. Some no exits and no bullet recovery at the closer ranges except for lead fragments and the base bullet cup. I am a big fan of this bullet, having had excellent terminal performance on game from 50 yards to 1000 yards. I would recomend lung/chest shots at the closer ranges at high velocity.

I haven't driven velocities much past 3050FPS with the 140 VLD Bergers but the medium sized game I have shot under 100 yards dropped like they were electrocuted. all chest shots. Some no exits and no bullet recovery at the closer ranges except for lead fragments and the base bullet cup. I am a big fan of this bullet, having had excellent terminal performance on game from 50 yards to 1000 yards. I would recomend lung/chest shots at the closer ranges at high velocity.

Thanks greyfox that's the info/answer I was looking for. I read the whole thread started by Broz (Comparing the Berger 210 VLD to the 215 Hybrid) and was just looking for some info to get me 100% committed to using this bullet for hunting, I know it shoot great in my gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.