Lightweight Stock for M24 Contour

6point5x284

I'm building a lighter weight rifle in 6.5 SAUM off a LPA Razor Ti action. Barrel is a 26" Proof Sendero (not Sendero Lite) and has the same inlet requirements as a M24 contour. I picked up a Carbon Fiber M50 stock from Stockys during Holiday sales (their own CF line of stocks) in case I needed a temporary stock and was really impressed. Especially for the wait/money. Stock feels sturdier than my Manners EH-1 on my .300 WM in my signature after direct comparison. The stock weighs 32 oz on my scale. The other one that came to mind was a Manners MCS-T as it has a similar line to the EH-2 and the M50 I already have. I was originally going to go the MCS-T route but after handling the M50, I'm leaning towards staying with it. By any chance are there any other carbon fiber stocks I'm missing in my search I should consider THAT WILL ACCEPT A M24 BARREL CONTOUR? I know there are lots of prone stocks, but this one needs to be similar to an EH-2 contour aka decent off hand, hasty rests, and prone.

Lastly, has anyone drilled holes in the recoil pad to shave off an ounce or two? Lots of weight in recoil pads, and thought that might be a need trick.

Link to stick I currently have.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stocky-s-long-range-m50-remington-700.html

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.