Lightweight 3-18 hunting scope under $1k?

We are Looking at, Zeiss Conquests, V-4's,.. in 4 X 16 for Big Game and, the 6 X 24 for, LR Steel Targets and Varmints.
And,. so Far, they LOOK,.. "Good" !
Nice, clear, and Track well,.. with, MANY, 5 Star Reviews

Vortex Strike Eagle, Meopta Optika 6 ( although not sure about light weight), Crimson Trace Hardline/Hardline Pro, Sightron STAC.

At that price point if you are looking for 3-18 at under 26 ozs, you are probably looking at used or demos. Zeiss, Leupold, Trijicon, Vortex all make fine optics close to your specs.

I have 3 Zeiss scopes. An old Conquest and a couple HD5. Some of the clearest glass I have and light. I will never shoot over about 600 yards at anything alive, and I don't really dream of hitting a rock at a mile! So the 1" tubes are fine.

My concern about Zeiss is that it is a German company with a German attitude towards customer service. Meaning, they are not unfair, but if you break it, they will not fix it, at least not for free. In contrast to say Leopold or Vortex.

But kind of depends on your attitude towards care of your equipment. I think Zeiss is one of the best light glass values, so long as you realize that if you bust it, its your $$$ to repair.