Best long range hunting scope under $1k?

joko111

So I am looking at replacing my swfa 3-15 that is sitting on my proof research rifle, I want somthing with roughly the same mag range and weight… I've looked at the tract toric but I have heard of some durability issues with them, I have looked at the trijicon credo 2.5-15 and the bushnell lrhs/lrts (I can't find them)… so I figured I'd make a post to see what you all recommend

I recommend you take a look at Zeiss V4 models, great glass, several reticle options, super lightweight, and zoom and obj lense options. I own 3 and love them. Check out redhawkrifles.com I've bought all mine from there from thier demos. Thier demos are basically open box new scopes! Around $900 and they might have a sale for the holidays.

I am in the same boat for a 7prc build I'm working on. The zeiss v4 and trij tenmile spf's are on my short list. Both can be found on sale for less than 1k pretty easily depending on model. I really want a ffp though and may hold out to save up some more $$ for a ffp tenmile.

If you are content with FFP and can live without illumination, GA Precision still offers the 4.5x18 LRHS which is outstanding. Its glass at least equals my Swarovski Z5, and it has tracked and held zero perfectly. I'm also a real fan of the reticle.

My 2 cents

I have mk5s and NFs

But for my more budget guns im a big believer in the burris xtr iiis , robust as hell , ffp , capped windage , illum., great reticles, exc fov

Made in phillipines vs japan , and glass is decent but for the $$ the other features make up for it.

The vortex LHTs are good scopes but i cant stand the illumination controls and the way the turrets attach with the coin method.

You can get the xtr iiis for around a k if you shop around and ive seen used ones here for 6-700 bucks

As mentioned above the xtr 3 I'd you look can be had for under a grand, even as low as 850. Hard pressed to beat it for under 1k.

Euro optic has the non illuminated Greely assembled version for 849.

Check out the rokslide evals by formidilosis.

Very few survive the drop tests, tracking, and rtz.

Night force
Bushnell LRTS
Trijicon Ten Mile
Meopta Optika 6
These would be on my short list and I actually own a couple of them.

Some are outside your price range, but some are inside that.