Best binoculars under 1k

Look at the higher end of Athlon's. Bought my wife a pair of 10x50 that are absolutely crystal clear! Seemed like they were about $500 or so.
I use Sig Sauer rangefinder bino. If Athlon ever comes out with 1, I'd probably switch over to it.

If you're considering range finding binoculars in the mix, I have been very happy with my Sig 3000 10x42. I got mine on the occasional sale for $900-950. The glass is decent but not Swaro quality. The ballistic engine works well and I like being able to swap profiles with my phone when I change rifles. I am not running Sig scopes and don't used the BDX function but these binoculars allowed me to drop carrying my BR2 range finder.

If you're considering range finding binoculars in the mix, I have been very happy with my Sig 3000 10x42. I got mine on the occasional sale for $900-950. The glass is decent but not Swaro quality. The ballistic engine works well and I like being able to swap profiles with my phone when I change rifles. I am not running Sig scopes and don't used the BDX function but these binoculars allowed me to drop carrying my BR2 range finder.
I agree with Okanogan with his reply!

Last edited:
I'm going to make a different suggestion, and one at a fraction of your budget: Sig's Zulu6 in 16 x 42. The glass is more than good but the real advantage of these binos lies in the combination of high magnification and electronic optical stabilization in an unusually compact form factor. With OS turned off, it's hard to hand hold a stable image unless you're braced against something (as you would expect). But with OS turned on, I can hand hold and get a tight, steady image that's good for both glassing and spotting (in reasonable light). I've owned a pair for these binoculars for several months so I speak from personal experience. The best part is these binos are well under $1000. Here's a video:

The OS really is as effective as shown...

Last edited:
I have a vortex viper HST scope and either I got a bad one or then they aren't near as clear as the leupold. I am staying away from vortex unless someone can show me a good one. I don't have any experience with their razer line though but I sure wasn't impressed with the viper that I got. Thanks anyway
The viper pst line is better than the hst I think. I have 5 vortex products viper to razor and I'm very impressed at the price point. Real hardy stuff so far. But everyone's eyes are different.razor I have is on par with nx8 I think. Just try it all out. Ziess is my least favorite optic I've tried

What's the best binoculars for under 1k.
I want something fairly powerful. Thanks
This reply represents a non-definitive answer, but something to consider while selecting. This information came out of one of the hunting/sporting magazines, but I do not remember which one. The subject is Power Magnification is not everything for the resolution(clarity of glass) is just as important.
There were two guys that were hunting together and they were glassing for deer from a knoll. One had a 7x and the other had a 10x. The one with the 7x spotted one and described a marker such as a tree for the one with the 10x to look at the deer. He could not find it. They traded binoculars and within a few moments the one that just started looking with the 7x saw the dear very quickly. So both experimented and kept swapping binoculars again and again and the 10x binocular just did not have the resolution to see the deer.
Also the article was stating that too high a power would also amplify the normal shaking of a person while holding the binoculars. They were saying that 8x is about the threshold of the average person for keeping it still. That part of it has some relativeness to each individual for some people can hold it more steady than others. The only suggestion I have is to see if you can try different ones outside. Hopefully some of the responses will have gone down that path and give good feedback. Good luck and I hope you find the best one in your budget and for the conditions you will be hunting in. It may be of benefit, to select a lower magnification if it will put you into a better quality glass.
Edit: I just read the post about the Binoculars that have the electronic stabilization. That would be awesome for a higher power Binoculars. Still the resolution is important
Good Hunting

I've really liked my Sig binoculars. Bit heavy but optics were clear. I was in 100% rain during a hunt and the Sig didn't get any water in them. Only thing dry that evening was inside my Solomon boot. 😅

Just bought the Sig Kilo 3000 range finding bino and it is very good and does very well ranging, a very useful tool. I got it for 899.00 at Cabelas with a 100.00 voucher that they gave me for a broken pair of 20 year old bino's.

You owe it to yourself to check out Tractoptics.com . I just compared them to pair of Swaro's , unbelivable clarity, fit and finish excellent, Shott Ht high transmission glass. Awesome guarantee.

Same here.