Best repeatable optics under 1k

I just checked the one you posted. It is 34mm. I have never seen a 34mm one. Mine are 30mm. All the ones I have mounted are 30mm. Weird that they would have two different sizes in one line of scopes.

I just checked the one you posted. It is 34mm. I have never seen a 34mm one. Mine are 30mm. All the ones I have mounted are 30mm. Weird that they would have two different sizes in one line of scopes.
Dude - thats what we have been trying to tell you in multiple threads...no credibility...who is the dummy now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looking to start using turrets more. I have no confidence in my leupolds. What optic has the best reliable repeatable turrets? Hoping to stay under 1k

Edit: had a few questions about my leupold comment. I love my leupolds they are on almost every hunting gun of mine. I've got a few mark 4's with tmr that I love. Rock solid scopes if I don't dial much. I'm starting to use turrets more and they don't seem to have the precision when dialing.

I have about 20 scopes, different brands, up to about $2,500 a piece. I don't have any confidence in any of the turrets being accurate or repeatable based upon using them with my custom, accurate rifles.

That's why I like and use the Leupold Boone and Crockett reticle (which I fully understand is internet heresy.) Regardless, the vertical tick marks are ingenious because they generally follow the curve gravity imposes on bullets in even increments.

If you are decent at math and use Litz's BC's you can generally figure out pretty close where to zero the scope so that all of the holdovers are in even yardage increments that you can remember, unlike nearly all other ballistic reticles.

The downside of the B&C is that the drops are only good at one power, usually maximum; so i generally use 10 to 14 max power scopes. With higher power I would never shoot because movement is amplified too much at higher power and I loose confidence and would never shoot unless my rifle was rigidly attached and damped by at least a 50 pound rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.