Best repeatable optics under 1k

I have 2 VX-3i LRP 8.5-25X50 that I have been running in PRS for the last couple of years with no issues. A VX-3i 6.5-20X50 that have been dialing up and down for more than a year in NRL22 matches, it worked flawlessly. Bought a used FX-3 Silhouette 25X40 off Ebay and after a couple silhouette matches realized the elevation was not working right, it went to Leupold no questions asked and had it back in about 4 weeks. Bought a Zeiss HD5 Conquest used from a local individual and went to register at Zeiss web site, lots of info required like where did I purchase scope, huh I did not get sellers name, hope I still have a warranty on it. KISS I would try and stick to Leupold, Zeiss, Swaro, NF or SWFA scopes. Oh and Vortex I guess.

Bushnell Elite DMR2 3.5x21 is the best bang for your buck at $1000.00 currently. Very durable, and tracking has never failed me. G3 reticle with FFP is a great quick accusation scope. Throw lever already installed in the box. Open turrets , zero stop is spot on. Windage knob is a push n pull locking type. I've been REALLY REALLY happy with it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. Although with an additional $400 . The DMR2 Pro with the EXCELLENT ED glass can be had.

I will second this statement. I put the DMR II's just behind the Vortex Razor for about half the price when found used. They are far and away better than the PST line for about the same price. I picked up one about 6 months ago and loved it so much I grabbed another. I put the G3-I on my 308 for hunting and the G3 non-ill for target shooting(it has a finer reticle than the G3-I). My next scope will probably be the XRSII that is higher mag in the same configuration, they are budget friendly though.

I purchased a used NF SHV 5-20x56 on here and did so to get a scope that would track right. I was tired of messing with $400 scopes that wouldn't track. Spent less than $1000 and am thrilled with it.

Thanks all. Need to address a few questions about my leupold comment. I love my leupolds they are on almost every hunting gun of mine. I've got a few mark 4's with tmr that I love. Rock solid scopes if I don't dial much and use the reticle for my hold overs I'm starting to use turrets more and they don't seem to have the precision when dialing. I'm looking at the vxhd series.

I had a Zeiss 3.5-10x44 Conquest Target that was freakin' phenomenal! Cost me $500

Now I'm trying a Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical 6-24x50. Originally it sold for $700ish, I have a chainsaw in it lol But so far its showing to be great. My only complaint is it gets a bit shadowy above 19x-20x

Vortex HS-T, HSLR and PST
Leupold VX5HD - no idea what leupolds you have, but these track awesome.
Nikons FX1000 - killer deal on all their scopes now.

Mine, a brand new one, tracked great for the first 3 rounds when I sighted it in. Eventually it quit all together. I can't can't say that I would call it 'awesome tracking' when they jump 5'' and then later 12". This is the second one that I have heard of doing this; both were 3-15s.

Mine, a brand new one, tracked great for the first 3 rounds when I sighted it in. Eventually it quit all together. I can't can't say that I would call it 'awesome tracking' when they jump 5'' and then later 12". This is the second one that I have heard of doing this; both were 3-15s.

You lost all credibility to me when you went off about how VX6HD scopes don't have a 34mm tube in another thread. Have you ever owned a VX5HD or are you just spewing more nonsense?

I have owned 3 and they were perfect. Just my personal experience. Thank goodness this site has the ability to block somebody...congrats, you are going to be my first.

I have 2 VX6. They are both 30mm tubes. I suspect you don't have any. I can't help it if you are a dummy and uninformed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.