Leveling your scope quick and easy

Anybody wanna make me an offer on this one?
image.jpg

Anybody wanna make me an offer on this one?View attachment 529205
I still use mine but use a plumb bob as a back up.
Getting a new rifle vice to keep the rifle still so it don't move while tightening scope screws.The plumb bod re-assures me I am good to go.
Checking on the Level Right Pro to see if it has any bad reviews.

Last edited:
Holy thread derail, I want to apologize to James @Barbourcreek I didn't intend to derail your thread and I really appreciate your informative videos and tutorials. You are a great resource here and I know I am not the only one who gains knowledge and insight from your posts.

Derail?!?!?! 😲

This has been a great thread, true to the LRH spirit!

The fine gentleman @Barbourcreek posted a thoughtful and concise video on a solution to leveling your scope, and the savvy members here popped in with other excellent and clever ideas.

(And there was no fighting and spitting when someone just had to bring up ....wait...nevermind...forget I said anything...) ;)

Align the reticle with the vertical bore center, like 0 or 360 degree point with line going thru bore axis center. Everything else is subject to error like reticle canted to scope turret base & dials, pic base not centered on receiver, irregular pic base top surface, barrel & receiver having different axis. Barrel & reticle alignment is the only factor.

The Real Avid Level Right despite it's sort of skimpy construction & dim light does this. The Brownells' device looks good.

Recent Posts