Leupold warranty service

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924
I had 2 scopes sent back for warranty from Australia To USA. Both were back in 3 weeks fully repaired. No hassles at all. These days Leupold has a warranty repair business in Brisbane Australia.

I just came in from the range. Leupold had rebuildt the adjustments on the 1980 vintage 3-9x40 scope. It was dinged up when I got the scope. Bubba had put the Ruger rings together totally wrong. Next, he used red Lock-tite to glue the mess together. Once we got the rings off the scope it went back. Today, the scope with rebuilt adjustments, did very well on my 700 in 7mm-08.

Tossing and replacing old scopes apparently depends on which old model. All my scopes that were replaced were M-8's. Also, in this repair business with a lifetime warranty no telling what vintage scope is in there for whatever.

Just received my Mk4 back and it looks brand new - very pleased. They informed me that they had to work the whole eye piece assembly, reticle, and some of the erector system was completely replaced. Looking forward to putting it on my LMT MWS and sending some down range.. Thanks for all the feedback!

I sent in a HD-VX5 with serious focus issues and got an e-mail that said 4-6 weeks for repair?????? Do they have that many scopes in for warranty service?
There are probably at least 50 million Leupold optics in circulation. Even if 1:10,000 need to be sent in for service or warranty work in their lifetimes that's a whole lot of scopes.

Not so surprisingly if you talk to the repair techs and CS people most of the scopes that are sent in for problems have only one problem, the operator.

We've been so spoiled for so long in this country it isn't funny. Everyone seems to think they are the most important person on the planet and that all our woes demand instant attention and immediate resolution.

I don't know where exactly but somewhere in the last fifty years something really changed in Americans.

Same as I have to keep telling myself, "Patience".

I just came in from the range. Leupold had rebuildt the adjustments on the 1980 vintage 3-9x40 scope. It was dinged up when I got the scope. Bubba had put the Ruger rings together totally wrong. Next, he used red Lock-tite to glue the mess together. Once we got the rings off the scope it went back. Today, the scope with rebuilt adjustments, did very well on my 700 in 7mm-08.

Tossing and replacing old scopes apparently depends on which old model. All my scopes that were replaced were M-8's. Also, in this repair business with a lifetime warranty no telling what vintage scope is in there for whatever.
I inherited about a fifty or sixty year old very early leupod in 2.5-8 by I think 32.

It was poorly mounted on a 7RM with loose mounts and rings so eventually the vibrtation and blast shattered one of the internal lenses.

Sent it in with a note, told them exactly what happened.

There records showed it had never been in for service or repair since leaving new.

Of course it wasn't repairable and they gave me several very nice options so I got a VX3 Tactical in 4.5-14x50 for a 150.00.

Considering that scope probably didn't cost 25.00 new I though that was a heck of a deal. My uncle, the original owner got it pre-mounted on some kind of deal through Western Auto shortly after WWII if I remember right. He said the whole combo was about 150.00.

Like everyone in the business they are people and anything mechanical or electric/electronic is going to fail eventually. They do their best and their best is good enough for me.

This thread should be linked on the Leupold scope website. I'm almost feeling left out by not having any problems with Leupold scopes. Surely I would have run across a bad one in in the last 40 years, but I haven't.
Sadly I had the same problem twice with the same scope. They wanted me to take it back the 3rd time, but after the first failure when I was the sniper on our team, luckily not on a call out, and then 6 years later on my first paid out-of-state hunt that cost me my first Nebraska WT deer I did NOT want that scope back. It would have been nothing but a paper puncher if I was forced to take it back, but they did send me a scope that is nice, but it did not cost near what I left with them.
My choice, I understand, but with 2 exact failures, I had zero confidence in the scope. The rifle & scope was always transported in a case, no drops, in the case or out, but it could not take twisting on the turret dial for yardage.

Sadly I had the same problem twice with the same scope. They wanted me to take it back the 3rd time, but after the first failure when I was the sniper on our team, luckily not on a call out, and then 6 years later on my first paid out-of-state hunt that cost me my first Nebraska WT deer I did NOT want that scope back. It would have been nothing but a paper puncher if I was forced to take it back, but they did send me a scope that is nice, but it did not cost near what I left with them.
My choice, I understand, but with 2 exact failures, I had zero confidence in the scope. The rifle & scope was always transported in a case, no drops, in the case or out, but it could not take twisting on the turret dial for yardage.
I've never not known them to offer you a choice. They take a lot of scopes back, fix whatever the issue is and then sell them as refurbished so it's not hurting them much more to replace a scope, sometimes at only a reduced price depending on the value of yours and what failed and often a strait up even trade or an upgrade.

I've never not known them to offer you a choice. They take a lot of scopes back, fix whatever the issue is and then sell them as refurbished so it's not hurting them much more to replace a scope, sometimes at only a reduced price depending on the value of yours and what failed and often a strait up even trade or an upgrade.
It took a lot longer to get them to agree to take it back than I thought it would. When I shipped the scope to them the 2nd time I added a note inside the box telling them I did NOT want this scope back so someone call me, but instead they "fixed it", and sent it back to me without calling.

I inherited about a fifty or sixty year old very early leupod in 2.5-8 by I think 32.

It was poorly mounted on a 7RM with loose mounts and rings so eventually the vibrtation and blast shattered one of the internal lenses.

Sent it in with a note, told them exactly what happened.

There records showed it had never been in for service or repair since leaving new.

Of course it wasn't repairable and they gave me several very nice options so I got a VX3 Tactical in 4.5-14x50 for a 150.00.

Considering that scope probably didn't cost 25.00 new I though that was a heck of a deal. My uncle, the original owner got it pre-mounted on some kind of deal through Western Auto shortly after WWII if I remember right. He said the whole combo was about 150.00.

Like everyone in the business they are people and anything mechanical or electric/electronic is going to fail eventually. They do their best and their best is good enough for me.
When I was a kid I think we bought .22 ammo at a western auto.

When I was a kid I think we bought .22 ammo at a western auto.
When I was a kid we bought guns and ammo, even handguns out of state at both Whites and Western Auto, Gibson's and Gebo's.

Dad also had an FFL so we could do out of state transfers for people.

Those were the days. Even our little hardware store carried guns, ammo and a limited supply or reloading components and that was in a town of less than one thousand. We barely had a thousand in the whole zip code including the farmers and ranchers on rural routes.

When I was a kid we bought guns and ammo, even handguns out of state at both Whites and Western Auto, Gibson's and Gebo's.

Dad also had an FFL so we could do out of state transfers for people.

Those were the days. Even our little hardware store carried guns, ammo and a limited supply or reloading components and that was in a town of less than one thousand. We barely had a thousand in the whole zip code including the farmers and ranchers on rural routes.
Even the drugstores like longs had ammo , now days if you asked for ,ammo CVS or Walgreens,wouldn't surprise me if call the law .

Even the drugstores like longs had ammo , now days if you asked for ,ammo CVS or Walgreens,wouldn't surprise me if call the law .
I forgot to Mention, Dad's Fl was owned by Rose Drug and Gift shop, the family pharmacy.

We sold more ammo for deer, duck/goose, and pheasant season than atibiotics. Those sales actually went a long way towards keeping the store solvent after the chains started eating our lunch due to their buying power.

We also got 25.00 for each transfer.

By the time we closed we'd also accumulated about 30 guns, mostly hand guns that were never picked up because when the found out the Sheriff drank coffee in there a good four or five times a day on a random schedule I suspect some of them knew how that would work out. That was before background checks.