Leupold warranty service

One of the OP's questions was regarding the replace without contact on the warranty card. I always check no and on my last warranty I am glad I did. I was using 10x42 Cascade binos. Not overly expensive (250.00 range) but they were Japan built and I was always satisfied with the glass. When they called to inform me that the model was discontinued and told me about the new model I asked where they were made. The answer was China. I specifically avoid optics among other products that are Chinese built. Despite assuring me that they were built to the same specs as my old binos I opted to buy up to the next model which was the Pro Guide HD. I am glad Leupold offers this option as some other brands dont, in fact some expressly forbid it in the verbiage of their warranty.

Always ask them to contact you before replacing. I want to know what they think the replacement or equivalent is in today's scopes. Also their May be an opportunity to upgrade optics, depending what you have. They have a very good warranty service.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924
Leupolds CS is ok. Had 1 bad and 1 good experience with them. 1st time I called them about a VX 3 patrol fire dot scope I got. The fire dot was off center slightly. Poor QC. Was told its a reference deal with it. **** poor CS, some guy.
2nd time was with the VIP program woman and she was great. For years I did buy Leupolds because of that experience about the fire dot. I would still only buy a mark 5 for hunting. But now that Vortex has the new Razor HD LHT ffp out I will probably never buy a Leopold again.

I too have had good experience with Leupold service. I have sent in two scopes. One was long discontinued, but they called and offered to replace it with a new model. I accepted, and that turned out to be a good choice. The other was returned after being cleaned and adjusted. Their letter said something like "nothing wrong." I guess it was just dirty.

Leupolds CS is ok. Had 1 bad and 1 good experience with them. 1st time I called them about a VX 3 patrol fire dot scope I got. The fire dot was off center slightly. Poor QC. Was told its a reference deal with it. **** poor CS, some guy.
2nd time was with the VIP program woman and she was great. For years I did buy Leupolds because of that experience about the fire dot. I would still only buy a mark 5 for hunting. But now that Vortex has the new Razor HD LHT ffp out I will probably never buy a Leopold again. To answer your qustion, they just want to know if they cant fix it, can they replace it.

I recently sent in my Mark 4 in because it got dropped on the ground and would not hold zero. They fixed it and sent it back. Absolutely professional all the way!!

I have one there right now. This post showed up in my email and I got excited until I realized it was just a forum. Haha. Glad to see everyone has had good experiences, it has me feeling optimistic.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?

View attachment 334924
Always had great experiences with warranty department and that is the reason I went back to buying Leupold and nothing was any better in low light

View attachment 334924
i have used leupold for forty yrs best cust serv if they replace it will be upgrade

This past summer I sent a VX5HD 3.5-15x44 to Leupold that suddenly stopped holding zero. They repaired and returned it promptly. It now lives on a 22-250 instead of the Rem UML that wrecked it!
I've dealt with them 1 time before and was happy with the outcome.
Excellent customer service - indeed a rare thing these days!

View attachment 334924
Leupold will be honour the warranty with out a doubt. They have built a 3 custom scopes for me and always have taken care of any issues. Nothing to worry about IMHO