Lets see your berger kills!

Just over 400 yards 115gr 25-06 This is my only Berger kill so far. I am coverting from the Barnes Band wagon. The one picture is of the exit hole. Since I liked it so much I will steal the saying this nasty critter "folded up like a fat man in a cheap lawn chair".

Nice YoTe you got there Rooster... it looks kinda beeg :)

Thanks Jeff, looks like my turn to keep the taxidermist in business this year. Bullet did a great job of breaking the shoulder blade, destroying the internals and coming to rest on the outside of the far shoulder(no bone on off side) the real nice thing was there was almost zero blood shot! All the meat was edible. Penetration was probably about 16 inches, he was a very fat buck with 1/2 inch of fat over his frontal area and over an inch on the hind quarters. Now if I can just do this well with my late season limited quota elk tag. I have to wait until Nov 1st though.

Thanks for that info. Good to know as I have never shot anything that close. This should be great info for many guys with 338 RUMs, 338 Lapuas and Edges that run around 2800 MV.

Good luck on that elk hunt!!
Jeff

My buddy's 2013 antelope. 1073 yards. 140 VLD hunting out of a 264 win mag. Its amazing what that bullet will do at 1000+. Huge exit.

Attachments

• 2013-10-07 11.17.20.jpg
    2013-10-07 11.17.20.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 2013-10-07 11.18.36.jpg
    2013-10-07 11.18.36.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 81
Are these successful Berger kills(sarcasm)

Cool thread. Ill have to put one up unfortunately San Diego California deer are pacific coastal mule deer and are small.:D

Muzzle velocity was in the high 3100's im not sure exactly. I don't know what the impact velocity was 1800-1900 I would guess. The thing still ran about 60-80 yards with no lungs but it was dead within 1 min of the shot. I got it all on video but with a crappy camera I need to do some editing and post it. No one wants to watch us range over and over and over again. Antelope never seem to stop walking.

Not exactly the type of photo normally seen on LRH, and not a long range kill, but my first Berger kill. A small Oklahoma 6pt taken at 41 paces with a T/C Encore 15" bbl 30-06 Ackley Improved back in 2010. Berger 168 HVLD @ 2650 FPS muzzle velocity. Bullet impacted just behind the left shoulder (under my gun) and then turned to shrapnel, leaving the insides a bloody mess. I found bullet fragments all the way at the back of the deer's gut cavity at the rectum. The shot was quartering towards me.

The 88 lb buck dropped in his tracks, then attempted to move but quickly expired.

Sorry about the poor quality pic. It's the only picture I have of the buck.

Regards,
Rog

2013 Wyoming Mule Deer extreme long range (for a bow maybe) 80 yards, 338 rum 300 gr OTM @ 2830 broke on side shoulder blade, bullet recovered on outside of off shoulder. Deer was bedded, he never moved!

I finally got around to weighing the recovered 300 gr OTM 128 grs, 74 grs jacket alone, better than I expected.

Kansas whitetail from last year. Berger 168 VLD hunter with 46 gr Varget .308 Tikka T3 Stainless Lite at about 340 yards.

Just discovered this LRH website earlier this year, so now putting more of this info ff to use.
Working up towards an elk adventure next year (fingers crossed). Just put a D.E. Cheek Piece from the LRH store on my 300WM, so gearing up....well, at least looking the part.gun)

Attachments

• Allan's 10 point buck Nov 30 2012  Lyons Kansas.jpg
    Allan's 10 point buck Nov 30 2012 Lyons Kansas.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 60
This post is dedicated to the ladies shooting those Berger Buck and Bull Bustin' Bullets.

Time to keep their husbands off the gun and behind a spotting scope to watch their ladies bust some bucks and bulls.

Here are a few of my favorite from the current and past Montana hunting season.

Elk.jpg
747 Yards, 338 LM, 300 OTM. This lady hunter fired her first ever and only big game shot to date on what she called "a plump and meaty tasty eating elk." Her husband had a vendetta after hunting his entire life and witnessing his wife "out shoot" him on her first hunt.

5x5.jpg

Over 800 yards on probably on of the toughest shots I have witnessed to date. This 5x5 hit the dirt after connecting with a 300 OTM. The shot was on the edge of the vitals but this powerhouse "sealed the deal." It took some lady delicate shooting to make this happen.

Antelope1.JPG

983 Yards, 300 RUM, 230 Target. This buck tipped over right in his bed. Her husband was whining, "How far was that, how far what that, she didn't beat my longest shot did she?" Uhhhhhh yea! Sorry dude, you don't hold the longest shot in your family anymore!

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f116/mt-huntress-bags-1107-yard-6x6-bull-123872/
This will surely top my best 10 hunting trips of all time.

Recommended for Target
Not Suitable for Hunting

I beg to differ!!! Ladies Shoot Better Ladies Shoot Berger

Here is a video link to another berger kill made by a dedicated huntress. 260 rem with 140 VLD at 604 yards. the terminal ballistic performance speaks for itself. Another satisfied 406 Precision long range student who seems pretty confident with her skills at the end of the video,,,,to say the least!

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.