Most Recent

Attachments

• New Stock 338 AX.jpg
    New Stock 338 AX.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Cerakote 338 AX-2.jpg
    Cerakote 338 AX-2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 106
Very nice Bruce! I bet I know where that came from :D. I noticed the double sets of scope rings, is that your APS rig?

t

Well Howdy Neighbor!

Sure is, It's the 338AX.
We seem to both trust and use the same gunsmith, and even have similar paint jobs.

Hopefully your 6.5WSM wrings out good, The LRI Ack. Imp. 6X47 Lapua is driving tacks with a few different loads just forming brass. I been meaning to get some pics of it on here, but just haven't got that far.

Well Howdy Neighbor!

Sure is, It's the 338AX.
We seem to both trust and use the same gunsmith, and even have similar paint jobs.

Hopefully your 6.5WSM wrings out good, The LRI Ack. Imp. 6X47 Lapua is driving tacks with a few different loads just forming brass. I been meaning to get some pics of it on here, but just haven't got that far.

I sure thought I recognized that rifle. Yes we most certainly do utilize the same 'smith :cool: I think the WSM will be just fine. Chad & I talked long & hard about the 6mm Competition match.... I passed as I already have a .243, 6mmAI & 6-284 :D

Get some of those pics up so I can drool! I'd like to see more on the AX too :rolleyes:

t

This is the one I did with rattle cans and a fish net.

joseph

Attachments

• setup 4.jpg
    setup 4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 110
  • bling 4.jpg
    bling 4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 94
These guns look way cool. I may have to try this sometime. Any special paints or cover coats or do you just run off to walmart?

This is the one I did with rattle cans and a fish net.

joseph
If anyone wants to try it this is how I did it. It was my first attempt. It cost me about $20 for Krylon paint and less than 4 hours of work time.

My new long range popgun. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

Popguns stock is finished. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

PS: The first thing was to prep the stock by sanding & taping anything I did not want painted. Then I spray painted the flat black first and after it dried I clamped the net all around the stock tightly so it would not move. Then I sprayed the light sand color from a distance so the paint would not go under the net and cover up the black. Then I did the same, but here and there with the brown, black and green also so it would not get under the net. After everything was dry I removed the net and sprayed 3 coats of clear flat lacer to seal and protect it from scratches.

Paint it all..............don't get caught with a shiny barrel............ :D Just Kidding I realize some people have shiny personalities and have to have matching guns.

Attachments

• SAM_1472.jpg
    SAM_1472.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 102