Alright....Lets see those Howa actions

Nimrod1203

I'm thinking very hard on building a .22-250 off a Howa....But i can't pull the trigger since i'm a very big Remington fan. I'd like to see the different stock/barrel configs that some of you have. Thank you in advance. Now bring on the eye candy!
Nimrod

I'm thinking very hard on building a .22-250 off a Howa....But i can't pull the trigger since i'm a very big Remington fan. I'd like to see the different stock/barrel configs that some of you have. Thank you in advance. Now bring on the eye candy!
Nimrod

A good friend of mine just bought a howa varmint. It sure is a ugly rifle but dang that joker shoots. Its chambered in 22-250 and shooting factory loads He put together a .67'' group at 100 yds. I was impressed with the out of box accuracy and the trigger wasnt horrible either after adjusted.

Well remington owns the majority of marlin and the new marlins used a modified version of the howa 1500, kinda like a savage/howa cross breed, howa 1500 action using a barrel nut and accutrigger style trigger and they are very inexpensive.

Used a long action Howa 1500 as a donor for a 6.5-06AI build that has a Manners T2, Timney trigger and a Lilja barrel. It shoots 130's and 140's VERY well.

Though there hasn't been any issues so far, my biggest concern is IF there ever is a problem, getting parts for a Howa isn't that easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.