Least fussy mono-metal bullet?

Northkill, FEENIX...get a room, GOSH 💋👨‍❤️‍👨👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨 😄
Good try. 😀 I ain't brash like you, but neither am I that kind of dude. I shouldn't have gone after you Feenix as hard as I did here publicly. We could extend our public differences indefinitely, but that's not what or who I want to be. We are all better than we sound in type at times.

Back to business... I've shot factory 110 gr Barnes loads out of a 270 WSM that shot very well and hit hard. The box posted them as 3,500 fps, but that was some years back before I got into the long-range obsession and I didn't have a chrono. If the OP wants to shoot factory ammo as a back-up, maybe try some various Barnes loads and see if you find something it likes? There are some companies loading Hammers now too, if that is your interest. Gunwerks switched from Barnes to Hammer...

Good try. 😀 I ain't brash like you, but neither am I that kind of dude. I shouldn't have gone after you Feenix as hard as I did here publicly. We could extend our public differences indefinitely, but that's not what or who I want to be. We are all better than we sound in type at times.

Back to business... I've shot factory 110 gr Barnes loads out of a 270 WSM that shot very well and hit hard. The box posted them as 3,500 fps, but that was some years back before I got into the long-range obsession and I didn't have a chrono. If the OP wants to shoot factory ammo as a back-up, maybe try some various Barnes loads and see if you find something it likes? There are some companies loading Hammers now too, if that is your interest. Gunwerks switched from Barnes to Hammer...
I thought you conducted yourself as a Gentleman, The both of you, and this is a pleasant change for me as well. Most of the time Feenix is telling me to clam down

I used to take the "meat saver shot" myself. but after seeing the difference between a mono lung shot vs a mono shoulder shot there's no comparison. The instantaneous death and zero tracking far outweigh the meat loss. I mean i shoot corn fed Indiana deer but the meat on the front shoulder isn't much to begin with. After seeing so many hunters lose deer or complain about a cartridge or bullet failing them what's a couple pounds of meat for a bang flop? Would you trade 2 pounds of front shoulder for total incapacitation?
Hunting in Africa changed where I aim anymore on American game. I aim in the middle of the lower half tight on the leg or high front shoulder for most side shots. On quartering shots I still aim in the lower half considering the 3-D angle of the heart-lung mass like an archer. What the African PHs always tell me is Americans tend to shoot too high and too far back which is no-mans land on African antelope.

I just started working with the 275 Gr. SBD2 in my .338 Lapua.

I'll continue to update as I go along.

I would recommend hammers I've loaded them in few rifles and had no problems finding a good load with them.ive used barnes ttsx in past and they worked good till I found out about hammers and now I've switch to hammers in all my rifles.now if only they made a muzzle loader bullet to then I'd be using them in it as well

I would recommend hammers I've loaded them in few rifles and had no problems finding a good load with them.ive used barnes ttsx in past and they worked good till I found out about hammers and now I've switch to hammers in all my rifles.now if only they made a muzzle loader bullet to then I'd be using them in it as well
I'm gonna hold you to this as I am bout to bomb the Hammer site with my order!