lake city 308 brass

big mike 2121

can some one give me a starting and maximum powder range for lake city brass in 308? will be using 165 and 168 grain bullets and dont know the powder capacity of this brass.

varget powder and sierra 165 spitzers. also berger 168 vld hunting and 165 accubonds, I also have some 4064 powder.

I back off one full grain. Watch though as it varys lot to lot as much as comercial brass. Lake city match brass is much more consistant.

I am running 44gr (compressed) behind a 175gr SMK with a CCI 200 primer. But I worked up from about 42.5gr to reach my accuracy node. And the OAL is in the 2.8" range so over SAMI length.

I will say that the LC XX LR brass is definitely more consistent than the non LR brass. No crimped primer pockets and the depth of the primer pocket was more consistent too. I had a lot of deep primer pockets on the LC-12 brass I got, still don't know how that is going to work out.

I run 46 grns of Imr4064 under 168 Berger Classic Hunter Hybrids in winchester brass, 45grns of Imr4064 under the same bullet gives the same results in LC 05/06 LR brass, both at 2.825" oal.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts