LabRadar Lite

Use ONLY their battery pack. Recent bulletin on that. Mine died with other name brand battery.
For big brakes setup 10" to side and 4" in front of muzzle on tripod.

I'm behind the times a little... just purchased a LabRadar Lite, wow what a upgrade from what I was using, easy to set up, works regardless of light conditions, wish I would've had it 20 years ago!
still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles but at last I'm getting a Vo reading without an error because the light conditions wasn't perfect!

anyone have great info on use? basically its set up & bang you have a Vo reading right, 👍

would've thought a hard protective case would be included but the cardboard box it came will be ok for now,.
Just something to consider for carrying your new toy. I picked up a heavily padded computer laptop computer case at GoodWill outlet store for $3.00. Accepts all the LabRadar gear and accessories, including the 12"x12" base plate, ball mount, JKL trigger, extra batteries, sighting red dot, et el. Case is double sided with individual zipper closures....LabRadar on one side; accessories on other side.......with adjustable internal dividers so every accessory has a perfect pocket. Base plate slips into outside flapped pocket providing a "hard side" protection. For protecting my $550 toy it is the best and most cost effective solution. Also bought one for our gun cub unit. Everyone loves the case functionality.

Last edited:
Just something to consider for carrying your new toy. I picked up a heavily padded computer laptop computer case at GoodWill outlet store for $3.00. Accepts all the LabRadar gear and accessories, including the 12"x12" base plate, ball mount, JKL trigger, extra batteries, sighting red dot, et el. Case is double sided with individual zipper closures....LabRadar on one side; accessories on other side.......with adjustable internal dividers so every accessory has a perfect pocket. Base plate slips into outside flapped pocket providing a "hard side" protection. For protecting my $550 toy it is the best and most cost effective solution. Also bought one for our gun cub unit. Everyone loves the case functionality.
I use the Apache case from Harbor freight to protect mine.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-...se-large-orange-56766.html?_br_psugg_q=apache

Use ONLY their battery pack. Recent bulletin on that. Mine died with other name brand battery.
For big brakes setup 10" to side and 4" in front of muzzle on tripod.
This is the first I've heard of this… what happened? I've been running an anker battery pack for years with mine

Did their bulletin explain the engineering reason?
Newer chargers ramp up the voltage to get more watts in and the Labradar can't handle the increased voltage.

From the notice email:
Screenshot_20220807-185855_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Newer chargers ramp up the voltage to get more watts in and the Labradar can't handle the increased voltage.

From the notice email:

Caution using third party USB batteries
The Labradar USB power can handle 5V/1A- 5V-2.4A output batteries, we have seen many USB batteries that vary in voltage from 5V-9V-12V or fast charging batteries, that can spike in voltage and damage the internal components of the Labradar, We suggest staying away from these batteries that vary in voltage or provide fast charging. If you have questions whether your USB battery is compatible with our product please review your batteries "Output" specifications.

No input power protection in their circuit design. No need for a fancy regulator, a properly sized circuit with cheap zener diode would have done well for them.

Screenshot_20220807-195848_Chrome.jpg

Not knowing their circuit design, and what gets damaged, but I am firm believer integrated circuit, ICs, have different protection schemes in their own chips. Y'all can Google that..

Last edited:
I just picked one up today and was reading the set up instructions. For all the guys that played with it with rifle bullets, what is the best 5 distance to program in the unit (Yards) from Radar out to 100 yard target ???