Labradar help

Most everything has been stated. I use one because I don't like the magneto speed on my barrel. Every 6 mos or so I run the magneto speed v3 & Lab. Every time the velocity numbers match within about 2 fps. With magnums they are touchier & you have to experiment on placement. With my 6.5s, 6s, & 224s, they read well & are not picky about placement.

My biggest problem with the my Mylabradar is the person on the adjacent point shooting with a brake. Even with sensitivity set way low their shots will set it off. Solution 1. shoot the brake shooter, 2. Get the inertial trigger. Wanted to do 1 ended up doing 2. Good results there after.

Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.
There is another option. Check out the Andiscan a2 Doppler radar. Easy to setup and very dependable. Have over 200 shots without a miss.

Attachments

• 33A80627-6D5E-4A86-87B1-7B95D7691F66.jpeg
    33A80627-6D5E-4A86-87B1-7B95D7691F66.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 54D6029E-F1D7-463F-9298-A5402F8B5621.jpeg
    54D6029E-F1D7-463F-9298-A5402F8B5621.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 6550C499-E076-4463-B774-378B36BE313A.jpeg
    6550C499-E076-4463-B774-378B36BE313A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
There is another option. Check out the Andiscan a2 Doppler radar. Easy to setup and very dependable. Have over 200 shots without a miss.
I like options. Can you please expound this on a separate thread since it is a different chronograph for us to choose from? Otherwise, the information will get buried under LabRadar. Thanks!

Ed

I don't know what all these different cable ends are called, but this is what it looks like on the LabRadar end:
It is a "micro USB" connection.

My preferences that seem to help with consistent readings and easy setup.

I use a 0.187" tubing for sighting (increases the shots with all 5 velocities recorded), use the Akro base, and use the JKL inertia trigger. YMMV
Pic 7.jpg
Pic 5.jpg
JKL Inertia Trigger.jpg

Get a Piet sensor and be done. Great customer service. The first one I received failed after a few sessions. I called him up and two days later, had a new one that has served me well for the last 2 years.

It is not. I have no problem with my suppressed rifles. I simply put the muzzle about 2" behind the LR and about 4" to the side.
My experience is different. I couldn't get the labradar to trigger with anything but my magnum calibers. My 6BRA doesn't trigger it. So I bought the microphone adaptor. Not it triggers well. But if you are at a range with others shooting it will trigger with others shots as well. I think the sensitivity varies from device to device. I probably should have sent it back for adjustments during the warranty period but that has now passed. I love my lab radar but I have had to make some adjustments to get it to trigger well. I agree with the external power recommendation. Don't use double A or whatever disposal batteries it takes. They run out fast and can easily corrode in the device.

Warning ! Use only Labradar battery pack! They issued bulletin on that 6 mo ago.
With brakes place radar couple inches towards target from muzzle and 6" to side. I use their tripod but any work.

Here's my experience:

About 2 years ago I grabbed a LabRadar and sold my cumbersome Oehler 35P. I bought what I believed were the essential accessories. I got a mini-tripod, LabRadar's ext battery, inertia trigger, McDonald's straw and an Apache rigid case.

There was a brief learning curve where I fooled around with the multitude of settings and the various positioning of the unit. I missed several shots as I kept trying to adjust and learn. You need to change the set-up a little when switching from a braked rifle to a non-braked rifle. It didn't take too long to determine what works and what doesn't.

-The straw, as recommended by many owners, was unnecessary just like all the other aiming devices. The unit isn't that sensitive to aiming and a careful peer through the V notch works fine.
-The inertia trigger works fine but is totally unnecessary and I don't use it anymore
- The mini-tripod didn't work well and I found that using a regular tripod, set up next to the bench, was much better (sturdier too) and allowed me easy access to the buttons.
- The ext battery is a must and will last for several 3hr shooting sessions.
-The Apache case works perfectly and is a good buy for the money. It's deeper than needed but you can't do much about that.
-A memory card may be useful for some users, but I never bought one and never found a need for one. The unit (without a card) will still hold 100 shooting strings.

Once you get things figured out, the unit is easy to set-up and use without any issues. IMO the LabRadar is well worth the initial outlay and should provide many years of good service.
BTW - I have never updated the software and don't see a need to. Shooters who use more features will probably feel differently. And while I can control the unit from the app on my Iphone, I find it easier to just work the buttons which can easily be reached from my shooting position at the bench.
Thank you, I'm pondering buying one this is helpful

The unit did not come with a stand or plate. I have several tripods but curious if a table top tripod is best since the unit sits so close to the rifle ?

I made my own table top mount and it works great for the places I shoot. I mounted a tripod head to a piece of plywood and added small rubber feet to the bottom.

Attachments

• labbase1.jpeg
    labbase1.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 27
  • labbase2.jpeg
    labbase2.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 38