Kyle’s Trophy Buck

You just described much of TX hunting. Every ag store in every small town has electric feeders for sale in the parking lot.
This is true. I have lived and hunted in Texas all my life and never owned a feeder of any type. I tree stand or walk and stalk only. The bow and arrow guys brag about how that is so much more sporting also.....when hunting next to a feeder waiting for it to go off. I guess I am a different breed when it cones to hunting. I like the challenge. That is why I don't hunt me own land. I could kill all I want from my front yard or coming up the road to the house. Don't see the fun in that and definitely no sport .

Awesome buck! With regard to where is was harvested, it comes down to personal choice. I'm not sure even if I had $50k to spend on a whitetail hunt, if I would choose high fence. However, there was no claim that it was taken in fair chase. I can attest to south Texas hunting near feeders. It's not much different than high fence hunting. Nothing wrong with it other than the cost to participate.

I have farmed, ranched, and lived in texas my entire life. I see wt, mule deer, hogs, turkeys, and predators on a daily basis. Anyone who thinks that hunting over a feeder is the same as hunting in a pen is absolutely delusional. Is hunting a feeder different than hunting a preferred oak when it's dropping? Is it different than hunting a harvested corn field in the Midwest? I farm wheat and other small grains for hay. Is shooting one on a green field different than a feeder? This is about an animal having a choice as to where it wants to eat, sleep, drink, walk, etc. That choice is highly manipulated in a pen. I have pics of 8-10 very mature 140-150" "shooters" I was seeing daily before the season. How many of them do you think I see now? If they were in a pen how many of them would I see?

If he wants to hunt high fence then so be it. I can almost guarantee my last pine ridge Nebraska hunt was easier than his hunt and it was free range. I had mule deer just walking up to our cabin and I could get within 5-10 yards of some very big bucks. They were everywhere and I was tagged out in 10 minutes. That's how some people hunt every year but it's their money so let them do what brings them joy.

Gday

Wow
First off
I'm a open book & I'm curious
Can one post a private message if so go ahead Adam put our message up if it's within the rules of this forum 🤔
& put the other 2 bullets you failed to show with that that I never seen or asked for as you stated 4 in last week yes I'll send you a list of bandaids you need

Yes I've seen plenty of failures & not only hammers & I do exactly the same with every other brands im asked about but I guarantee you do the same on your recommendation regardless of brand /caliber yes nearly everyone who has seen things put bandaids over them to help that person so is that a crime 🤷‍♂️ insurance is another word I use but let's go back to this thread as more pressing issues imo of course

Bandaids yes let's spell those out as I really think some need to put those over the wounds that are created from people's personal opinions

Just step back & listen to yourselves ( not all as some have good intentions & nice people)

Please take a moment to think who & what you have labeled
So many different forms & people involved in our great sport of hunting/shooting
From rifles shotguns pistols target longrange short range stalking siting in boxes driven etc & then the different people from kids to grandparents & a lot in between
Some have limited opportunities some money some it's more economical to put meat in the freezer etc to hunt high fence
& you antis have alienated/downgraded that group
So just think how many posts have been made over the years on this forum that involve a high fence oh let's not forget all of the people who have posted their African ( mainly south ) adventures & let's not forget New Zealand & aussie as we have some high fence like you guys
Then it would be interesting to see who actually commented or liked those posts or did it end in the division like this thread 🤷‍♂️

We should come together as a community not divide this great sport in whatever form it's in

For the record
I have hunted in a high fence & personally I don't like it but I embrace those who do

Without the high fence imagine how much pressure would be placed on your public land or a smaller number due to lack of opportunity & exiting of the sport overtime
Then a shrinking market & costs increase & so on
Yes we all benefit from high fence especially South Africa & the animal species themselves along with people
It's all intertwined

So get over it & band together or loose what you love or worse kill it for the next generation or generations to come

Cheers

Its a Beautiful Buck and congrats to the lucky hunter! Its the hunters decision as to how or where he wants to hunt. Not sure why hunters have to bash hunters. Is it just impossible to read a post and move on if its not your thing or you don't agree with it without bashing, disparaging or making undue comments about the hunters equipment, bullets or location. It's like kindergarten on here sometimes.

I've hunted with many outfitters that lease farms and manage the deer herd. One in particular leases 5 farms totaling 23,000 acres. Not a single fence in sight. Deer are free to come and go as they please. Some folks have a skewed Idea about how these properties operate. Congrats to Kyle

Gday

Wow
First off
I'm a open book & I'm curious
Can one post a private message if so go ahead Adam put our message up if it's within the rules of this forum 🤔
& put the other 2 bullets you failed to show with that that I never seen or asked for as you stated 4 in last week yes I'll send you a list of bandaids you need

Yes I've seen plenty of failures & not only hammers & I do exactly the same with every other brands im asked about but I guarantee you do the same on your recommendation regardless of brand /caliber yes nearly everyone who has seen things put bandaids over them to help that person so is that a crime 🤷‍♂️ insurance is another word I use but let's go back to this thread as more pressing issues imo of course

Bandaids yes let's spell those out as I really think some need to put those over the wounds that are created from people's personal opinions

Just step back & listen to yourselves ( not all as some have good intentions & nice people)

Please take a moment to think who & what you have labeled
So many different forms & people involved in our great sport of hunting/shooting
From rifles shotguns pistols target longrange short range stalking siting in boxes driven etc & then the different people from kids to grandparents & a lot in between
Some have limited opportunities some money some it's more economical to put meat in the freezer etc to hunt high fence
& you antis have alienated/downgraded that group
So just think how many posts have been made over the years on this forum that involve a high fence oh let's not forget all of the people who have posted their African ( mainly south ) adventures & let's not forget New Zealand & aussie as we have some high fence like you guys
Then it would be interesting to see who actually commented or liked those posts or did it end in the division like this thread 🤷‍♂️

We should come together as a community not divide this great sport in whatever form it's in

For the record
I have hunted in a high fence & personally I don't like it but I embrace those who do

Without the high fence imagine how much pressure would be placed on your public land or a smaller number due to lack of opportunity & exiting of the sport overtime
Then a shrinking market & costs increase & so on
Yes we all benefit from high fence especially South Africa & the animal species themselves along with people
It's all intertwined

So get over it & band together or loose what you love or worse kill it for the next generation or generations to come

Cheers

I'm not even going to respond to that. Because as usual Steve turned a thread into a thread about him. I said nothing about Hammers until Steve falsy assumed I was "bashing" his bullets.

✌🏻

High fence isn't my thing (neither are pen raised and planted birds), but to each their own. And to anyone who thinks hunting private land is a layup, my experiences differ considerably. I have access to over 10k acres in western Kansas and while I've killed a lot of huge deer (both muley and WT) it is never guaranteed and I've gone home with an unpunched tag several times while hunting trophy bucks. Hunted a private Montana ranch of 4300 acres 2wks ago for elk. Put about 60miles on my boots over 5days and didn't harvest an animal so it wasnt as simple as just shooting fish in a barrel.

To each their own but high fence isn't MY thing.

In the car world there is a saying "built not bought". The guys who build their cars get more respect for their accomplishments than those who buy them. Anyone can buy a Lamborghini if that's their priority. Not everyone can build a classic though. Nobody gets their feelings hurt or their panties all wadded up about it. Deer seem to be a different story!