Kyle’s Trophy Buck

HammerBullets

IMG_0877.jpeg

Kyle shot this Buck at 60-70 yards at Cotton Mesa Trophy Whitetail Ranch in Richland, Texas. He was using a 7 PRC and the 172gr Absolute Hammer Bullet with a MV of 2975FPS.
This incredible buck scored 194-7/8". Congratulations Kyle and thanks for sharing.

Someone explain to me the difference between a high fence and a private ranch that has food plots and only lets a few high paid hunters in per year to hunt a highly managed population of deer. There is no high fence in MT but there is plenty of exclusive very high dollar organizations that harbor massive numbers of animals that only very well connected hunters ever get a chance to hunt. Would there be the same disparaging remarks for a hunter hunted a ranch like that?

Someone explain to me the difference between a high fence and a private ranch that has food plots and only lets a few high paid hunters in per year to hunt a highly managed population of deer. There is no high fence in MT but there is plenty of exclusive very high dollar organizations that harbor massive numbers of animals that only very well connected hunters ever get a chance to hunt. Would there be the same disparaging remarks for a hunter hunted a ranch like that?
I was not disparaging just curious as to whether these animals qualify for record books

Explain the difference between an angus bull locked in a pasture and a "trophy" buck locked in a pasture.

To answer your question, the obvious answer is the baited animal has the chance to leave. The other is locked in an enclosure waiting for death.

The difference is introduced genetics just like a cow herd and restricting an animals natural movement patterns. You can "manage" for the deer in ANY size high fence, but to truly manage a wild population of deer you need many thousands of acres that will encompass the animals natural home range. Farming deer is not different than farming any other animal and it has diminished the awesomeness of the giant free range deer that are so few and far between. I would rather kill a 150" on my farm or public somewhere than ANY deer you can grow in a pen. We all have opinions, and that's mine.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to hunt a high fence property. Nothing wrong with hunting on land that harbors animals only lets very rich clients take part in the bounty. Nothing wrong with parking in the same spot as 5 other rigs all trying to get back into public lands and hopefully out work the next guy trying to get the same animal as you. Problem here is there seems to be a group of hunters that feel an obligation to **** in another hunters cheerios because they don't like how he hunted. Kind of sad that this group of hunters come to the LRH site for safe harbor from the majority of hunters that oppose long range hunting just to down grade another hunters methods or means and take a holier than thou position against that hunter. Come on guys, you are better than that.