Trophy Rocks?

midmo

Has anyone used trophy rocks? I have been thinking about trying a couple on some of our property in south central Missouri. Do they work or just is this something I should over look when at bass pro?

Midmo, I have been using trophy rocks now for about three years. I keep them out all year round. At certain times of the year the deer will hammer them (probably when they are needing/wanting salt) There will be other times when they do not use them as often.

I agree with Mark. It seems they are either hot or cold. They kill it one year, then not so much the next.

I have hundreds of pictures from this year alone from my game cameras of deer licking them. I have six feeders out and I have rocks at all of them. Seem to like some rocks more than others ( all trophy rock brand). If I don't get pics of them using one I replace it with a new one. I buy them all from the same place so the rocks themselves must vary.

I have had the same deal happen with those mineral blocks from Tractor Supply! They either kill it or they don't like it. We have had them get completley eat in two months, and also seen them last a year.

Good news with them is, they are cheap, so no big deal if they don't kill it.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.