Kydex cheek riser on carbon fiber stock

You can use double stick Velcro. I drilled mine and had the Velcro after thought. But it does work well. My eyes line up straight now and I'm way more comfortable and consistent. And my young girls can use it too. My 11yo got her first buck at 319 yds. My stock is an ag that I added flush cups and did the riser as a last modification.

View attachment 379930View attachment 379931
View attachment 379932
I'm really curious to try this with Velcro now

Has anybody taken the plunge and drilled holes in there carbon fiber stock to get good alignment? I've got a ag composite alpine hunter that I'm just not super comfortable behind and feel I need to add something to get a more consistent cheek weld. I'm not super fond of the idea of drilling holes in a $750 stock but I also am not fond of not being completely happy with it. Any insight or pics would be great. Thanks!
Look at the Bradley cheek riser. It straps on. I have two and love them. I wouldn't drill through my carbon fiber stock either.

Has anybody taken the plunge and drilled holes in there carbon fiber stock to get good alignment? I've got a ag composite alpine hunter that I'm just not super comfortable behind and feel I need to add something to get a more consistent cheek weld. I'm not super fond of the idea of drilling holes in a $750 stock but I also am not fond of not being completely happy with it. Any insight or pics would be great. Thanks!
Buy the slip on cheek risers...they work fine!

Send the *** back to AG. I just went through an incident where AG was recommended by my now-former gunsmith who then tried to pass-through their garbage stock with their poor securing cheekrest system as compared to Manners and McMillan and that, "thanks" to their off-center epoxying the cheekrest was not centered left and right along the axis of the rifle and was somewhat diagonal across the longitudinal axis of the rifle. Cry once and buy once from a reputable stock maker. "Thanks" to this, AG won't do business with me … no tears whatsoever there, and I now have a new gunsmith, C-Precision for "cats and dogs" work and am happily continuing with Southern Precision who stood by me with an issue with Manners that, to the latter's eternal credit, he PERSONALLY worked diligently with me to address to my COMPLETE SATISFACTION. After a year's wait for my original Manners stock, I "burned up" the phone lines on Thanksgiving day to express my complete displeasure, and they continued to work to make good.

You could also form the Kydex around the stock making a perfect fit and then attach with Velcro. I've made holsters for years, the material is extremely cheap and easy to use. Looking at some of those check risers I think they look goofy. If you mold it straight to your stock, cut it so it matches the lines of your rifle and then raise it, it might look a bit better.

Just my $.02

Drill holes for a bushing that fits your bolts. Cut your bushing down and epoxy them in place.

I have a McMillan A3 and wanted an adjustable cheek riser. The inside of this stock is like Sheetrock. It's solid all the way through, so, I drilled it out larger and just packed the hole w epoxy, then inserted the bolts (with release agent). Worked great.

You could also form the Kydex around the stock making a perfect fit and then attach with Velcro. I've made holsters for years, the material is extremely cheap and easy to use. Looking at some of those check risers I think they look goofy. If you mold it straight to your stock, cut it so it matches the lines of your rifle and then raise it, it might look a bit better.

Just my $.02
I just watched a youtube video yesterday of making one

4835FEA5-05E5-4AB8-B953-5BAD737918D0.jpeg
3379D544-BD21-4F29-B757-B0716F3CA11D.jpeg

It's not a AG stock but I drilled my manners MCS. Installed bushings made from 1/2 aluminum pipe. Epoxied in place. Matthews fabrication cheek riser that I modified to fit my application. Works great

Triad stock pack for the win. I use them on everything.
Those look heavy. Especially when you start filling all those pockets and ammo holders - which you know you will if they're available. Most forum members seem to want to cut as much weight as possible on their scope, stocks (carbon fiber), etc. and then add these Triads? Seems counterproductive to me.

Those look heavy. Especially when you start filling all those pockets and ammo holders - which you know you will if they're available. Most forum members seem to want to cut as much weight as possible on their scope, stocks (carbon fiber), etc. and then add these Triads? Seems counterproductive to me.
They're a great option if you have a stock that you don't want to drill. They're an even better option if you have a stock that you want to use right away vs ordering an adjustable stock and waiting 9 months and paying$1000 and the adjustable stock will be heavier than a stock pack 90% of the time.