KIRBY & I ARE GONE

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Shawn Carlock, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Just wanted to drop everyone that didn't know already that Kirby and I will be working on .... uh .... research and developement for the next week or so in north Idaho. We of course don't want to, but that is what you guys expect us to do. So in purely in the interest of product developement (if you believe that boy have I got some property for ya) we will both be unavailable until around the 21st of Nov or so.

2. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Hope you're taking a camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Best of luck to both.

Chris

3. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Good luck, and hope you see some big ones at a decent range.

4. Mountainsheep

Mountainsheep Well-Known Member

Shawn,

I hope the both of you guys have a safe and successful research project. I will be waiting for the full report and pictures.

Best of luck,
    Dave

5. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Nothing less than 200 clas white tails. be safe and happy hunting

6. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

It only is a research when you guys go together for the second time. Right now it's a search! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Good Luck!

7. Dan B

Dan B Well-Known Member

Shawn...remember to tell Kirby to <font color="blue"> SMILE!! </font>

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. tsmiller4

tsmiller4 Well-Known Member

Good luck fellas, make us proud! Oh and watch out for da woofs!

9. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

That would be a trophy now wouldn't it. I hope all goes well with respect to the weather and the ability to see some distance. Rut timing is looking great.

10. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

i hope you get a big one. make sure kirby does his home work with a 338 edge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Little late to the party, been packing all morning, like a damn women trying to get ready /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can say one thing for sure though, I won't have 1/10 the gear old BuffaloBob had when he rolled up to my shop!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought he was moving out west permanently!!!

Got the most important things ready first, two 7mm AM rifles and 50 rounds of fresh ammo for each.

If the weather co ops we will do our best to break the 1K barrier but I think I can speak for Shawn and say that this is a hunting, excuse me, Research, trip first and formost so whereever they show up or whatever the conditions are we will be going after them however we can, long range preferrably. Hopefully the wind is dramatically less on the other side of the rocks because we had 35-50 mph sustained winds today with gusts in the 70 mph range. No need for that crap!!! If we lived on the coast we would be on the news!!!

Should be a good time, Shawn will not know what to think about my skinny bullets!!!

Anyway, will be signing off for a week, there will be a full report showing up just before thanksgiving!!! Hopefully more to tell then just two gunsmiths drying out their soaked hunting cloths from solid rain!!! ITs hunting though, whatever happens is fine with me!!!

Look forward to meeting the man in person to be honest, the first day shooting course will be worth the trip alone I am sure!!

Heading out at around 9:00 in the morning and should be rolling in around easily by 4:00 in the afternoon. Should not take that long but we are supposed to be getting up to 1 foot of snow over the pass tonight so just in case I will leave early.

More to come,

Kirby Allen(50)

12. cinch

cinch Well-Known Member

Let me know if you need me to come help you. You won't have to ask twice.

13. heatseekins

heatseekins Well-Known Member

You boys have fun "reserchn" I got a 148" buck friday and they are starting to rut. This weekend should be realy good. Its snowing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Have-fun!!!!!

Wildcat