Kill the wolf?

Seen too many eagles chowing down on road kill with magpies, crows, and buzzards to be much impressed by claims they keep superior company or their dietary habits.
Golden eagles are much bigger and impressive. They can carry away a fawn or lamb no problem . 7 ft. Wingspan . Bald eagles are fish eaters. Gonna make it to 50 pages !!!!

Here's one from another forum!!

As frustrating as it may be that wolves and other predators impact game populations, it is important to remember that they are an important part of the ecosystem. I am persuing a wildlife biology major so maybe I'm a bit biased here, but the elk and deer aren't more valuable than other organisms in the ecosystem.

There was recently a short video put out about how the reintroduction of wolves into the Yellowstone ecosystem ended up changing the course of the river. Predation of the elk (as well as predation of coyotes) allowed plant species to recover, reduced erosion, improved small game populations and those of non game species, increased bear populations due to more berry bushes growing, and changed the course of the river. All because a handful of wolves were reintroduced. The elk are still in good numbers (clearly lower but still) in Yellowstone, they just aren't where they used to be. Under this additional year round hunting pressure the elk move out of areas where they can be easily trapped by the wolves. Guides in states that recently had wolves introduced say the same thing; you can still get elk it's just going to be a bit harder.

It is frustrating no longer being the only hunter on the block anymore. Wolves are an important part of an ecosystem at the end of the day, a keystone species if you will. Here on the east coast we've finally got coyotes, even in Deleware. You can't get rid of them either, coyotes are just too smart and reproduce too quickly. Plus they're here because we got rid of the wolves, so I guess we had that coming haha.

If a wolf is after you or you livestock by all means defend yourself and shoot the thing in the face, and feel free to hunt them as fish and game laws allow, but as outdoorsmen it is important to remember there are other things out there just as important as us and the game we pursue. You can't just shoot a wolf because it did a better job of bagging an elk or a deer this season.

Just drinking the kool aid!!

BW
This post irritates me on a personal level , this guy watches a video and now he's an expert!

Last edited:
Golden eagles are much bigger and impressive. They can carry away a fawn or lamb no problem . 7 ft. Wingspan . Bald eagles are fish eaters. Gonna make it to 50 pages !!!!
High country mulie hunting this year, my friend and I saw a bald eagle swooping down at 4 bucks. Didn't know they even did that. Watched thru the binos at 1200 yards but couldn't get the spotter with camera on to film. Sounds crazy, but true

High country mulie hunting this year, my friend and I saw a bald eagle swooping down at 4 bucks. Didn't know they even did that. Watched thru the binos at 1200 yards but couldn't get the spotter with camera on to film. Sounds crazy, but true
Sounds more like Golden eagle habits . Bald eagles are much smaller .

Wake up ..... Now's the time to be more concerned about the two legged predator's.

" It's hard to soar with the Eagles when you're surrounded by Turkeys "
Why , if your a real eagle turkeys don't matter! Rogue Rider the little quips are as hollow as your post. The problem is you believe in the balance of nature and in the wisdom of biologist . The lower forty eight states are long past natural balance , the food sources created by man have forever altered that balance. What does it mean to the wolf?
It means the wolf packs don't have to work as hard to keep the pack healthy , pup survival in the lower forty eight is astronomical compare to its northern brethren . That FACT should scare the hell out of even guys like you! The wolf reintroduction plan is a monster , a true nightmare! The video so proudly used is even more frightening , in 6 years the wolves have cleared areas out of elk and deer where they were commonly seen in the past! Did you read that ( not reduce but cleared them out ) !!! Yes the birds are singing and the bears are eating berries but no elk bugling !
The most important thing is funding , the wolves have it , the biologist and state and federal powers to be want to keep it and the sportsmen and ranchers suffer. Yeah I know there is not the multitude of family ranches that there use to be but we are killing those folks who are! Why so we can hear a wolf howl in the darkness or catch a glimpse of one in a high pasture.
There is an old saying 'don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining ' and that's what you and the likes of you are trying to do! I live in the east ( pay attention brothers) and I have watched New Yorkers and the good folks in the surrounding states turn the State of Maine into their own playground . They drove out all the industry and jobs to where the long time Mainers don't know if their children can live there in the future. I have seen in my lifetime the bobwhite quail disappear from the eastern shore of Maryland , the Canadian geese blackened the sky's over my home . Flights from sun up to sun down . The eastern flyway has a one goose limit now. The biologist haven't come up with one solution ( can't tell you even why the quail are gone ). RR you put your faith in those guys and I will listen to my brothers out west who know what they are seeing! See they are getting paid to lie, they are giving their insight on what they encounter ! So you keep passing on your little quips and let the real eagles soar over you!

One last point Rump Rider , the harsh winters of the past couple years have cause winter kill lower the numbers of elk , deer moose etc. That's to be expected as a natural force of nature. However the wolf population has increase over the same time period, this is not balance or natural !!!!

Good morning my fellow Hunting and Shooting Sports people, I was hunting way before many of you were even ready to hunt.
Don't try to pass some kind of judgement on me or those that have had more experience than you.
For those that have chosen to not adhere to good hunting practices but instead put the wildlife management in the hands of the Govt. agencies, you have caused the cost of hunting licences to sky rocket and the over regulation of hunting.
You can squack all you want and try to throw others under the bus to further your ignorant agenda, but when it's all said and done you are the ones who created the problems without offering any solutions.
888.jpeg

Good morning my fellow Hunting and Shooting Sports people, I was hunting way before many of you were even ready to hunt.
Don't try to pass some kind of judgement on me or those that have had more experience than you.
For those that have chosen to not adhere to good hunting practices but instead put the wildlife management in the hand of the govt. agencies, you have caused the cost of hunting licences to sky rocket and the over regulation of hunting.
You can squack all you want and try to throw others under the bus to further your ignorant agenda, but when it's all said and done you are the ones who created the problems without offering any solutions.
View attachment 168210

This isn't even worth responding to.

The reasons the commies introduced wolves and banning or close to it hunting them have 0 to do with hunters

The commie/statists wish to control everything in your life from birth till past your death. And they want to get rid of hunting because it works towards their no guns false utopia.

You are delusional

Here's a solution : hint/trap/poison all the wolves. If you are worried about elk being too numerous don't do things like feed them in the winter and installing sprinkler systems so they have more to eat.
Also open up the areas and numbers of tags.

This isn't rocket science Mr .gov knows best

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.