Kill the wolf?

At 20K, it sounds like you were over-populated. Biologists in Idaho say that wolves account for less than 1% of the total predation of Idaho elk. While cougars account for the largest predation, at only 2%. Life mortality accounts for the biggest loss, as cow elk have achieved a longer life span, and it has come of age.
https://www.cdapress.com/outdoors/20181122/increasing_idahos_elk_numbers_is_predator_management_goal

https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/seasons-rules-big-game-elk-2017-2018.pdf
Yes, those figures are correct. However, you missed the absolute slaughter of up to 100% that they killed the first 8 years after they were introduced into Idaho. Where do you get we were overpopulated if herds were sustainable year after year? Not one wolf lover ever contributed a penny for wildlife enhancement in this State. The wolves that were released initially were supposed to be on an experimental basis only! The wolves we got were nothing like the wolves we had initially (Timber Wolves) and the few that were left are now extinct as the Canadian Wolf killed them. But the wolf lover doesn't disclose that they are responsible for bringing them to extinction. These things are out my back door killing everything they can sink their canines into. They're dangerous stealthy creatures that kill just to kill.

Yes, those figures are correct. However, you missed the absolute slaughter of up to 100% that they killed the first 8 years after they were introduced into Idaho. Where do you get we were overpopulated if herds were sustainable year after year? Not one wolf lover ever contributed a penny for wildlife enhancement in this State. The wolves that were released initially were supposed to be on an experimental basis only! The wolves we got were nothing like the wolves we had initially (Timber Wolves) and the few that were left are now extinct as the Canadian Wolf killed them. But the wolf lover doesn't disclose that they are responsible for bringing them to extinction. These things are out my back door killing everything they can sink their canines into. They're dangerous stealthy creatures that kill just to kill.
Gone ballistic
chickenman has deleted his profile

He definitely got banned. If you voluntarily delete your profile your user name turns into "deletedmember12345678"

get a pocket full of wolf tags and Kill every wolf you can !! or else that's all we're gonna see!! THEY ARE WORTHLESS!
they've turned two of the greatest elk/mule deer wilderness area's into literal waste lands! hell the forest service doesn't even maintain trails in them anymore!!
I love how everyone that doesn't live in my state has an opinion on "balance" and "they help the ecosystem" and blah blah blah blah more word vomit!!! and anyone that says they don't kill the most out of all predators is an absolute fricken MORON!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts