Kids hearing protection

hesse

Got a question trying to figure out what other people are using foam plugs don't want to stay in the ears the earmuffs affect the proper head alignment on the stock to scope these are kids five to seven years old just trying to come up with good protection for their hearing I know that's going to be getting custom molded hearing protection

Pro ears gold makes kids muffs that are sized down. The electronics really do help with making sure they can hear range commands

with new shooters I've found the noise is as bad as the recoil . I have them wear both , plugs and muffs when shooting centerfire .when shooting rimfire muffs are enough .

for my Grandson I did get a pair of thin cup muffs with a good reduction rating from an industrial supply shop . he no longer wears them , he likes the regular muffs .he likes to wear the electronic muffs when he shoots rimfire , so he can hear the gong ding . I let him choose what he wears trying to keep it fun .

I use Howard Leight laser lite plugs for my kids and myself. My daughter is only 4 and they stay in her ears. They also have a pretty high NRR of 32. They are a softer foam and can roll down smaller. They are also a lot more comfortable.

I have 4 kids who are shooters. Plugs dont get worn correctly, for any number of reasons. Muffs are clumsy, even the smaller ones. Plus they are sweaty. And kids don't like to be yelled at.

So the only solution at my house is suppressors.

I don't take 'em out until after they've memorized and understand the four rules, so mine have been about eight years old or so when they're first exposed to live fire. (Started with safe handling and cartridge reloading before they could walk though.)

Long story short, they get the same Impact Sport or Walkers Razor that I use. Either brand can be fit down well enough for their smaller heads without much problem, and the ability to communicate is invaluable.