Hearing Protection

I use the in ear Sound Gear industrial for hunting. When just shooting, I use the Sound gear, or regular ear plug AND muffs. For predator hunting in a stand, I have the muffs ready to put on, for ground sitting, I am wearing the Sound Gear all the time.

I've been wearing earmuff hearing protection for years and is a pain when using a long gun. Ready to move to an ear protection that fits properly in your ear and provides the proper protection needed?
Thank you
Try any of the electronic ear pieces (in the ear). Most come with a small round (variable sized) cushion - which in fact - stink to sitting firmly in the ear. However, I took the hearing equipment to an audiologist and had ear molds made (+/-$250) that would accommodate the stem to the hearing equipment. It took an average ear protection with the electronic on/off and hearing enhanced features up several notches. And the appliance fits perfectly to YOUR ear for GOOD-to-BEST protection

I also recommed to the Otto Noise barrier hearing protection.

These arrived the other day.....I should be able to give a report next week.

1690985461331.png

I second JustMe2's comment at the OTTO ear buds. As with many of you, I've bought other hearing protection/enhancement devices and found that they have fallen short. My ears were damaged by Phantom Jet engines in the Marine Corps so I now wear hearing aids and I wanted something that would allow me to hear normal conversation as well as other significant sounds in the field. The OTTO ear buds fill that bill perfectly.
When I ordered my set I also ordered foam tips to replace the soft rubber flange tips that are included. After trying two different sizes of the foam tips I finally tried the soft rubber flange tips and love them; much more comfortable and just as effective and I can wear them ALL DAY LONG. (YMMV)
The carry case holds a battery that recharges the ear buds up to 20 times and the ear buds are good for 16 hours on each charge. The case battery is rechargeable with a USB cord. The case is compact with a snap tight water resistant lid and it has a digital readout inside that shows the strength of the recharge battery and the charge status of each earbud.
When the buds are turned on you can punch the on button one time and increase the background magnification or punch it a second time to reduce the magnification. I can hear voice conversation and birds and chucks chirp, and still have outstanding hearing protection. (I did not think that was possible)
Expensive but worth every penny.