Jim Zumbo's article against Long Range Hunting

Re: New twist to Zumbos LRH rant.....

You can take this for what it is worth my friend lives about 8 miles from Jim Zumbo. I would not say they are really close friends but he has shot with Jim a few times at the range by Cody. They were shooting one day and my buddy give Jim a "rib" after looking at his target by saying I think it is true that most gun writers should stick to writing instead of shooting. I guess Jim laughed about it and said you are probably right. Well I asked my buddy how bad was the target and he said it was pretty bad for 100 yards off the bench. For the detailed guys he was shooting a 300RUM Rem700 at 100 yards. So maybe 300 yards for Jim is a long shot.

From Zumbo:
[ QUOTE ]
Just don't ask me to support that kind of "hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt seem to me like he is worried about supporting any kind of hunting, escpecially since the jackass just shot himself in the foot with all this crap. He just gave the anti's one hell of a useful tool against us.

What a peckerhead!!!!!!!

steve

Went to the Remington Homepage and at the top Right is the statement from Remington severing all ties with Zumbo due to his Statements.

I'm guessin he better sell alot more cookbooks, cause I don't think at this stage of his career he's gonna get another free ride deal from anyone. I never cared much for his show's or article's, but I hate to see him givin the anti's anymore to use, and I think at some point we will see a quote or reference alluding to his percieved expert opinion.

Mark

lets see remington, mossyoak, hi-mountain, just about all his sponsors but gerber have thrown him to the wolves, the outdoor channel cancelled his show, my guess is he's done.
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.