Is this the end of Defiance? My pre23-beck action just went up in value.

Possibly sticker shock to some, but I wouldn't fault Beck entirely. I'm sure supply contracts are up and a lot of businesses are no longer going to absorb cost vs.fear of losing customers. Doesn't look great for Beck's timing of purchase and then price increase, but this was coming. I had an email from redhawk months ago regarding increases. I'd bet a 20% increase wouldn't cover operating costs absorbed over the last year.
The "market" will decide their success/failure. Beck is a businessman and knows exactly the risk he is taking. While none of us like to see any increase, just about everything went up by 30-40%.🤬

Are they charging per submission?
The "market" will decide their success/failure. Beck is a businessman and knows exactly the risk he is taking. While none of us like to see any increase, just about everything went up by 30-40%.🤬
Salaries on the working man/woman didn't lol!!

I will play deviles advocate. They were a deal. Not many know how to check out how well an action is made, or even know what matters. Defiance actions are at the top. Equal to the best. Not all are that good, most are not actually. Lesser actions were priced higher. I always wondered why they kept the price so low. If your over a year out, your too cheap. All we are seeing is a correction in pricing. Its not just parts, gunsmith pricing will follow. Either people will pay or they wont get it anymore.

I will play deviles advocate. They were a deal. Not many know how to check out how well an action is made, or even know what matters. Defiance actions are at the top. Equal to the best. Not all are that good, most are not actually. Lesser actions were priced higher. I always wondered why they kept the price so low. If your over a year out, your too cheap. All we are seeing is a correction in pricing. Its not just parts, gunsmith pricing will follow. Either people will pay or they wont get it anymore.
Valid, couple questions you may or may not know? So at this point are there any "top" 1000 dollar action left? (Bat Igniter)?
Now just for discussion, if you were an average joe and were just starting a build. Would you look at a Tenacity for $1500 or something like a Lonepeak Fusion for $1400 for example? I don't have the tools to validate either. But from my perspective the LP would be the better deal by a landslide.

There are now lots of comparable actions in this situation since Defiance raised prices. I guess it lots of this will depend on wether other manufacturers follow suit? Thanks

Last edited:
Valid, couple questions you may or may not know? So at this point are there any "top" 1000 dollar action left?
Now just for discussion, if you were an average joe and were just starting a build. Would you look at a Tenacity for $1500 or something like a Lonepeak Fusion for $1400 for example. As an average joe I don't have the tools to validate either. But from my perspective the LP would be the better deal by a landslide.

There are now lots of comparable actions in this situation since Defiance raised prices. I guess it lots of this will depend on wether other manufacturers follow suit? Thanks
I am an average joe. I used to be a mechanic. I could go back to the Chevy dealer i worked at and incease my income 150 to 200 percent.

For a budget, the bat ignitor is tops. But i bet it goes up soon too.