Is this the end of Defiance? My pre23-beck action just went up in value.

Last edited:
A dramatic price increase means the company was insolvent to begin with, new owner did no due diligence, or the company has been laden with debt after the purchase to finance the deal perhaps, causing the dramatic increase.

Who knows, I won't be buying an overpriced action.

You guys may want to check out KS Arms actions. Top notch gear, much better pricing as the exchange gains you 35% price reduction. At 1650 Canadian that is 1075 U.S. and they ship international. These actions all come with the option to get them in Left Hand for those of us in our right minds.

They also make tremendous cut rifle, hand lapped barrels so a barrelled action is a good deal as well. I have had them build a rifle for me in 338-378 with one of their barrels and it shoots great. I know a lot of other guys locally that have used them for builds and they are all just as happy as I am.

You guys may want to check out KS Arms actions. Top notch gear, much better pricing as the exchange gains you 35% price reduction. At 1650 Canadian that is 1075 U.S. and they ship international. These actions all come with the option to get them in Left Hand for those of us in our right minds.

They also make tremendous cut rifle, hand lapped barrels so a barrelled action is a good deal as well. I have had them build a rifle for me in 338-378 with one of their barrels and it shoots great. I know a lot of other guys locally that have used them for builds and they are all just as happy as I am.

Not bad!

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen us in the past, and we understand and are listening to your opinions on the matter now. All we can say is, we would rather have not had to take this course of action, and we are actively working to refine our operations with hopes to re-evaluate in the near future so we can again offer a more economical choice for our customers, both future and past.
I am no fan of podcasts (https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/lro-podcast-bob-beck-and-eric-stecker.12868/#post-125095), but I viewed it again since Jeff highlighted some things that I might have missed. Bob and Eric definitely have the experience and knowledge of how the business is supposed to run. They addressed people's (as inherent here 🤣 )/industries' perceptions of them, manufacturing cost analysis, return on investment on their capital investments (OMG, those are very expen$ive machine$), process improvements and tooling enhancements, and business strategies to combat volatilities, uncertainties, complexities, and ambiguities of the ever-changing business environment.

I think Defiance Machine will be just fine. Good luck!

I am no fan of podcasts (https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/lro-podcast-bob-beck-and-eric-stecker.12868/#post-125095), but I viewed it again since Jeff highlighted some things that I might have missed. Bob and Eric definitely have the experience and knowledge of how the business is supposed to run. They addressed people's (as inherent here 🤣 )/industries' perceptions of them, manufacturing cost analysis, return on investment on their capital investments (OMG, those are very expen$ive machine$), process improvements and tooling enhancements, and business strategies to combat volatilities, uncertainties, complexities, and ambiguities of the ever-changing business environment.

I think Defiance Machine will be just fine. Good luck!

Sounds like PR damage control. They bought a company, raised prices to be able to justify it then asked everyone to be thankful for it. Just calling a spade a spade.

Sounds like PR damage control. They bought a company, raised prices to be able to justify it then asked everyone to be thankful for it. Just calling a spade a spade.
Or the private equity company ( owners/sellers ) purchased equipment for what ever reason ( Taxes ) that could not ROI.
If the new Tooling can produce 500 hundred times more actions than last year but they can only sale 10 times, than tooling is under utilized. In order to support the the new fixed cost ( increase debt ) they have increase sales. Sale more actions or sale at increase cost. I am sure the plan is to do both.

Or the private equity company ( owners/sellers ) purchased equipment for what ever reason ( Taxes ) that could not ROI.
If the new Tooling can produce 500 hundred times more actions than last year but they can only sale 10 times, than tooling is under utilized. In order to support the the new fixed cost ( increase debt ) they have increase sales. Sale more actions or sale at increase cost. I am sure the plan is to do both.
This would imply the market is saturated with defiance actions.

In the past year I have not found that to be the case at all. Much the opposite tbh

Recent Posts