Is this the end of Defiance? My pre23-beck action just went up in value.

Valid, couple questions you may or may not know? So at this point are there any "top" 1000 dollar action left? (Bat Igniter)?
Now just for discussion, if you were an average joe and were just starting a build. Would you look at a Tenacity for $1500 or something like a Lonepeak Fusion for $1400 for example? I don't have the tools to validate either. But from my perspective the LP would be the better deal by a landslide.

There are now lots of comparable actions in this situation since Defiance raised prices. I guess it lots of this will depend on wether other manufacturers follow suit? Thanks
I like the line peak better at least my razor. All personal preference really imo!! Tuebor's are awesome also.

Hah.

No way, I like my tenacity build, and actually have one backordered from brownells for 850$ for a prs rifle. If they cancel that no chance I'll have another defiance at these prices.
Did you actually pay for it yet or do they charge when they ship it? If you have actually paid for it, they have to honor that.

Did you actually pay for it yet or do they charge when they ship it? If you have actually paid for it, they have to honor that.
No they charge at ship so no payment yet, but I have the confirmation and order number listing item and price. We will see, I try not to get worked up over hypotheticals that haven't happened but it would surely change my business forever if they pulled the rug out from under me.

I'm hopeful it will be fine, I've had good experiences in the past.

As we are sponsors here, we will share with you part of our response that was also given over on Snipershide, so as to shed some understanding to the situation.

While we had absolutely not intended nor wanted to adjust pricing, upon investigation and discovery of operations and financial solvability, it became NECESSARY and IMMEDIATE to do so... and by immediate, there was question of whether Defiance could even exist beyond the month had we not acted quickly. For the last two weeks, we have had to call long standing clients, and many we even consider very close friends, to break the unfortunate news. It gave none of our team pleasure in doing so, from the guys on the phone to the new Owner who had to make some extremely, extremely hard decisions with a company he had just acquired. At one point, a choice had to be made to try and do the right thing by many of our smaller dealers and individual customers, which meant honoring a price, a price that at which Defiance would actually LOSE MONEY in continuing to honor that commitment, and we will. Others, who did not have confirmed orders, meaning there was no deposit placed (mostly dealers), were told the price would need adjusted accordingly.

We will not go into the details of everything discovered leading up to recent events and changes, because frankly no one is entitled to that information outside of Defiance, and it's not open for discussion. We are doing our best to continue on despite, and going forward into 2023 we are going to put our nose to the grindstone to try and build Defiance back into a financially healthy company. We understand there are many people angry with the situation, us and the Owner included. But this is where we are at, and it regrettably had to happen to keep the doors open. You can choose to agree or disagree, but the fact is had it not happened, both customers and dealers would have still been upset when the doors closed and Defiance ceased to exist. We recognize there are numerous great options out there for actions, and we are friends with many of those competitors. For some of them, it will undoubtedly increase their business, but we have already begun to see an increase in productions with some changes in operations, and we look at this as an opportunity to do better going forward.

As for pricing on past orders, much of it depends on the order in question. If you have an order with us, you can shoot us an email to [email protected], or give us a call, and we can discuss it with you there. We will not discuss orders outside of those channels for obvious customer privacy concerns.

As we are sponsors here, we will share with you part of our response that was also given over on Snipershide, so as to shed some understanding to the situation.

While we had absolutely not intended nor wanted to adjust pricing, upon investigation and discovery of operations and financial solvability, it became NECESSARY and IMMEDIATE to do so... and by immediate, there was question of whether Defiance could even exist beyond the month had we not acted quickly. For the last two weeks, we have had to call long standing clients, and many we even consider very close friends, to break the unfortunate news. It gave none of our team pleasure in doing so, from the guys on the phone to the new Owner who had to make some extremely, extremely hard decisions with a company he had just acquired. At one point, a choice had to be made to try and do the right thing by many of our smaller dealers and individual customers, which meant honoring a price, a price that at which Defiance would actually LOSE MONEY in continuing to honor that commitment, and we will. Others, who did not have confirmed orders, meaning there was no deposit placed (mostly dealers), were told the price would need adjusted accordingly.

We will not go into the details of everything discovered leading up to recent events and changes, because frankly no one is entitled to that information outside of Defiance, and it's not open for discussion. We are doing our best to continue on despite, and going forward into 2023 we are going to put our nose to the grindstone to try and build Defiance back into a financially healthy company. We understand there are many people angry with the situation, us and the Owner included. But this is where we are at, and it regrettably had to happen to keep the doors open. You can choose to agree or disagree, but the fact is had it not happened, both customers and dealers would have still been upset when the doors closed and Defiance ceased to exist. We recognize there are numerous great options out there for actions, and we are friends with many of those competitors. For some of them, it will undoubtedly increase their business, but we have already begun to see an increase in productions with some changes in operations, and we look at this as an opportunity to do better going forward.
Why would someone or another business entity purchase a Company that was so under finically it could not be solvent for two weeks. Especially when the company already had guaranteed 12-15 month backorders on products?
There has been an increase in materials, supply chain and labor costs.
I have been around the business world for quite some time and understand poor management practices can put a company out of business. When a company can't produce enough product to keep up with demand means they will have a steady CASH flow.
Hopefully Defiance will continue to stay in business for the employees working there and produce a much-needed product for the shooting industry. Hopefully the new owners of Defiance won't outprice their product too much and go out of business due to lack of customers.
Free Market is what this country is built on. Buyers & Sellers. Current Market is for the Seller, but if costs get too high there is always alternatives.
I wish the NEW DEFIANCE GOOD LUCK!!!
Defiance did make a GREAT ACTIONS. Hopefully they will continue. We still want to purchase more Actions!

Why would someone or another business entity purchase a Company that was so under finically it could not be solvent for two weeks. Especially when the company already had guaranteed 12-15 month backorders on products?
There has been an increase in materials, supply chain and labor costs.
I have been around the business world for quite some time and understand poor management practices can put a company out of business. When a company can't produce enough product to keep up with demand means they will have a steady CASH flow.
Hopefully Defiance will continue to stay in business for the employees working there and produce a much-needed product for the shooting industry. Hopefully the new owners of Defiance won't outprice their product too much and go out of business due to lack of customers.
Free Market is what this country is built on. Buyers & Sellers. Current Market is for the Seller, but if costs get too high there is always alternatives.
I wish the NEW DEFIANCE GOOD LUCK!!!
Defiance did make a GREAT ACTIONS. Hopefully they will continue. We still want to purchase more Actions!

As we stated, there were things discovered shortly thereafter. We are obviously not going to go into any finer details on that matter, and we have already begun making the necessary changes to correct the situation. Here's a video however that does explain some of it...

Everything is going up for everyone and everything. Not just in the shooting world.
We feed Samson and Cassie some canned beef mixed in with their dry food. In Nov 2022 it was $36 per case - today it is $45 per case = 26% increase. Same with our Goat feed about 40% from a year ago. How about human food???
I thought that it was bad trying to buy Primers. Powder, Bullets. Now rifle components are skyrocketing. Believe me if one Action manufacture goes up, they will all go up. Next, its Triggers, Barrels. Stocks/Chassis have already gone up.
Gunsmithing has to be going up also. We have been doing a lot of small jobs for free as long as there is no material included. It's just our time and machinery. It's hard enough to get action/barrels now shooters/hunters don't want to pay the price. Factory rifles are 1/2 of a custom action.
That is why my dad always told me to get a good education or Trade so you can afford the finer things in life. You have to have a great (paying) job just to afford the normal things in life now.

Recent Posts