Is the 300 RUM Dead??

Yeah and it will last 5 loads versus 10 for a Lapua.
So $2.50/5=.50
$3.00/10=.30
It may be CHEAPER but it doesn't cost less.
Oh and Midway has Lapua at $250 per 100 at times.
Whether you like it or not the Hornady Brass is readily available and Lapua isn't even making .300 Rum brass.

This is a very enjoyable post to read. I have two RUMs. My stock LSS has been my go to rifle for 15 years. I have a whole rack of rifles and the RUM gets to go with me 99.9% of the time. I've harvested everything from ground squirrels (guess that's not harvesting) to bison and coastal brownies. I have a Sendero that I play with steel at extended ranges that brings a smile to my face. I have never had an issue getting brass. My local SWH always has an ample supply of Nosler brass.

Bottom line is that in my eyes it is not dead and hope it never is!!

Long live the RUM!!

This is a very enjoyable post to read. I have two RUMs. My stock LSS has been my go to rifle for 15 years. I have a whole rack of rifles and the RUM gets to go with me 99.9% of the time. I've harvested everything from ground squirrels (guess that's not harvesting) to bison and coastal brownies. I have a Sendero that I play with steel at extended ranges that brings a smile to my face. I have never had an issue getting brass. My local SWH always has an ample supply of Nosler brass.

Bottom line is that in my eyes it is not dead and hope it never is!!

Long live the RUM!!

Just based on the 11 pages of replies on the 300 RUM, I would say that it is not dead. Try getting 11 pages on the 243... It will never be dead to me anyway, I have enough components to last my lifetime and probably my kids! Might need powder and primers, but that will be a while...

My sons custom is gonna be done before his birthday! It will be a heck of a nice present for him! 300 RUMs are our favorites.

Don't get me wrong, I want one, just tough to get brass up here in Alberta and who currently makes a rifle for it that isn't 12 pounds or $ 3000.00?

Hi Double Dropper, I am in Red Deer and know your pain when looking for brass..... Norma 300 Ultra brass is currently available, or Nosler. Messasge me if youd like to learn more.

Cheers

I feel for you guys...who ever heard of any company reducing their own sales...who's going to buy their rifles if you can't buy the brass...I'm never going to pay $50-90 for a box of 20 shells never...can't figure out how the corporate criminals from Wall Street think like they do, the entire "brass hassle" was caused by them and them alone....

We need to start at 300 RUM support group for finding powder brass and components LOL.

Powder not a huge problem anymore just the brass can be tough. That would be cool to start a big group with a buy in of say 500 brass a person. If enough people would buy in and contact remington I dont see how they could turn down a 1 time order of over million cases.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.