Where is the 300 RUM Brass?

TORCHRIDER

OK, so maybe I have been under a rock, but have they discontinued manufacturing 300 RUM brass? Why would this round be so hard to find? I have a brand new build and can't find brass anywhere to shoot through it. Can someone please enlighten me?

:rolleyes:

i have been buying factory shells just for the brass they are expensive but the only other way is to buy nosler brass

There was a few boxes Nosler at my sportsmans warehouse the other day. But that doesn't do you much good.

Buy the factory stuff. It's how I've been getting my 338 RUM brass. In my local sportmans there are boxes of Rem factory 300 RUM on clearance for $40. Cabelas just unloaded a bunch of their Rem Premier A frames for around $30 per box. At that price it's a pretty dang good option.

I called Remington last fall and asked when they are going to produce 300 RUM brass. I was told they have no plans to do so for quite some time. Like the others said buy Rem ammo and pull the bullets or buy Nosler.

I bought 6 boxes of Remington loaded ammo with 200g A-frames for 220$ shipped.

Nosler brass is 65$ for 25.

don't just buy the loaded ammo for the brass that is the dumbest thing ever. think about how much you have to pay for the loaded ammo versus just brass. not a very hard business decision for remington if they can't keep loaded ammo on the shelves why just produce brass.

So can you neck up 7mm ultra mag brass for the 300 rum? I've been told you can and I looked at a few case drawings and only 1 showed a different shoulder angle.

don't just buy the loaded ammo for the brass that is the dumbest thing ever. think about how much you have to pay for the loaded ammo versus just brass. not a very hard business decision for remington if they can't keep loaded ammo on the shelves why just produce brass.

Not so dumb when you need brass because you shoot more than the average guy, like many of us do. Plus, it can be more economical when purchased at the right time. Buy the ammo, pull the bullets, sell or trade the additional components and come out ahead. For instance. If you find a couple boxes of 300 RUM at $30 for 20 cartridges, you're getting forty pieces of primed brass with bullets for the same price as a bag of 50 pieces of component brass. Not really much different, truthfully.

Remington will still produce component brass, there is too much of a market to ignore. They will recognize that the ammo demand is catching up and they will start putting brass out again. Believe me, there are plenty of dudes out there waiting for brass to show up in stores again and when it does, it will be gone due to demand. Then, the only guys shooting will be the hoarders collecting the brass that just hit the shelves, and the guys willing to part out factory ammo.

This place has some Federal brass. For someone in a pinch, it might be your only option. Never ran Federal brass in my edge so I can't vouch for it but in my 300 wm, it holds up and shoots the same as R-P. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys but have enough R-P to hold off on this for now. Hope I don't regret it.

New Federal .300 RUM Brass

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.