Where is the 300 RUM Brass?

Unless you want too use Winchester brass for the 300 win mag which I haven't seen in stores for years.

Make me wish I would of went with the 338 Lapua. I could kick myself now. I would rather spend the cash on the Lapua brass and shoot than set around with my thumb up my a**. I guess that's why I also now own a 308, but its not the same. I like my 300RUM and I like to shoot it. Well who knows maybe with the shortage of brass cases I'll be able to find some retumbo. ....I really would like to know what the real deal is why there is nothing in the stores. I don't think there is a raw material shortage. I know it could be just a business decision to try and regain some of the loss dollars from reloaders but hopefully its not something like that. That would be petty of a gun/ammo manufacture to do that. I hope the hell our government is not squeezing them into a corner with a lot of bureaucracy either. Probablly every time some manufacture farts they probably want to hit them with a new tax or law. Who knows!!??

I have found loaded ammo as cheap than the typical costs on brass before prices were inflated in the last 6m. I picked up some federal for $1.50 and some Rem for 1.35. The rem was the reduced recoil stuff and was on clearance. Yes I have to pull the bullets etc but right now the best you can do on brass when you can find it is $2 so IMO its the opposite of stupid its down right smart. I also now have bullets I could use or sell on top if it.

Wachsmann,

If you want a product don't wait for stores to have it, go find it on the net. The real deal is there is a huge demand.

Last year I called Hodgdon directly and asked for Retumbo . They produced the names of several of the large distributors. The distributors in turn told me of individual shops that had the powder. It was just matter of calling the shops till I found one that would sell me more than a pound and also be willing to ship. I now have Retumbo.....

As for Rum brass either buy Nosler or pull bullets from Rem loads.

The solutions are out there.

^^^^^^^^^+1!!

That's is exactly how I do it too. There are so many little shops that have this stuff laying on their shelves. I found 30 pounds of h1000 just this weekend by asking questions. When you buy it, the sales person usually says,"I'd never thought we were going to sell that"!! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.