Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

Ah, this stings the more I think about it. I paid to have a $100 muzzle brake resurfaced and permanently attached. Guess that's gone. Guessing I have to remove the optic and pay to have that all redone. Guess the fire formed modified case I paid to have made will be useless with a new barrel. Things just keep getting added the the "ouch" factor. Unless Bergara conjures up a miracle to make this right I think I'm going to light it on fire and buy a rifle from a different manufacturer. -10/5 stars
If the one comment is possibly correct on the chamber being bad, Bergara I would think would make it right. Just a thought. Exhaust all possibilities ( scope, mounts, muzzle) and contact Bergara. If they want it back, that's a start

Super frustrated. Review of this rifle and reading past experiences make it look fine, but I'm wondering if my barrel is defective? I did a proper break in procedure.

Bergara B14 HMR in 300WinMag. Gunwerks brass that's now on it's second firing. Berger 215s with H1000 powder and CCI 250s.

I try to load to perfection. My shoulder bumping, trimming, and seating is all within .001.

I fire formed my first 100 pieces and gathered data working up a ladder.The groups were all pretty terrible never even reaching 1 MOA but I figured was because of new brass. Now that I have my first round of fire formed brass I loaded as perfect as possible I'm still shooting god awful groups. It doesn't matter if I lock it up in a sled, shoot from a bench, or prone with a bipod.

My Pro Chrono 2 is showing an ES of nearly 200fps.

What in the world is going on? This has been incredibly expensive to shoot such garbage and still nowhere near a good load. Factory ammo wasn't match grade but still shot no better than 1.5MOA.

Advice?
Apologies if I overlooked it, but how are you throwing your charges? I could hand charge cases with a kitchen spoon and get ES that's better than what you are seeing, so you either have a chrono problem or another very serious problem somewhere in your process. I did notice that on one of my new Bergaras the barrel took about 100-150 rounds for the ES to settle down (mind you settling down meant it went from 45 or so with Hornady factory rounds to around 15-20 with the same lot) Regardless of ES, the rifle never shot more than .75MOA from round one once I got it zeroed.

An ES of 200 is worse than XM193 milsurp rejects that I feed my AR for volume training. The fact that you even got "groups" (MOA or otherwise) or anything other than a shotgun pattern out of a load that terrible is probably an indication that your rifle is the only thing in your current system that is actually working.

All that said, their customer service is above and beyond outstanding. If you feel like something is wrong? Give them a shout, 1000 people on the internet arent nearly as capable of helping you as they are going to be.

May have already been said, but try shooting it with the break off. Also, try the 190 bergers. Twist rate of 1:10 may be right on the edge for those heavy 215 bergers. Not all guns like that heavy bullet. Try a fresh lot of powder and make sure your neck tension is consistent.

May have already been said, but try shooting it with the break off. Also, try the 190 bergers. Twist rate of 1:10 may be right on the edge for those heavy 215 bergers. Not all guns like that heavy bullet. Try a fresh lot of powder and make sure your neck tension is consistent.
Looks like burger calls for a 1 in 9
F3515153-5124-40A3-BA08-71E038A2F8BF.jpeg
twist for the 215

Sorry if this had been mentioned as I haven't read all posts. Sorry folks in a bit of a hurry today getting out to the range. Although this is not exactly apple's to apple's but I too have a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5CM. first I'd say make sure your bolt shroud is the gen II (There is a video on YouTube that shows the difference). Now if that's GTG then I'll offer this. I've done extensive testing of many powder, primer, brass. However, the thing that made the difference was switching to hornady and Sierra projectiles. When I got to the heavy ones Vihtavuori powder performed the best. Vihtavuori also was the best performance powder in a recent break-in if a 26 Nosler. Oh one more thing once my break-in of the bergara was complete I only cleaned the chamber not the barrel. I won't either until my groups start to open up.
good luck.

Super frustrated. Review of this rifle and reading past experiences make it look fine, but I'm wondering if my barrel is defective? I did a proper break in procedure.

Bergara B14 HMR in 300WinMag. Gunwerks brass that's now on it's second firing. Berger 215s with H1000 powder and CCI 250s.

I try to load to perfection. My shoulder bumping, trimming, and seating is all within .001.

I fire formed my first 100 pieces and gathered data working up a ladder.The groups were all pretty terrible never even reaching 1 MOA but I figured was because of new brass. Now that I have my first round of fire formed brass I loaded as perfect as possible I'm still shooting god awful groups. It doesn't matter if I lock it up in a sled, shoot from a bench, or prone with a bipod.

My Pro Chrono 2 is showing an ES of nearly 200fps.

What in the world is going on? This has been incredibly expensive to shoot such garbage and still nowhere near a good load. Factory ammo wasn't match grade but still shot no better than 1.5MOA.

Advice?
i had same prob with 6.5 hunter sent back to factory with what was going on they returned with no help with prob i called & talked with rifle builder he told me to lose action screws retighten to 55in lbs lug 1st then tang solved my issue good luck

Thanks for more advice. I know that nobody wants to read all seven pages but all of this is already been done

I spoke with customer service and they said to send it in and they will test it. 4 to 6 week turnaround time :(

The good news is the muzzle brake isn't an issue for warranty, and the barrel they would use to re-barrel it is a slight upgrade.

i'm thinking I might go buy a different rifle and then try to sell this one when it comes back. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want to go 4 to 6 weeks without a rifle with bear season on.

You guys are very generous and I appreciate the multiple offers people have given me to lend me a rifle. Very kind but I'm not comfortable taking a stranger's rifle, so I'll probably just go buy one and start over hoping to have a better experience getting into long range shooting