Improved or straight 7mm SAUM/ Blaser Mag or 7-270 WSM

No, its an improved PRC. neck is .312"
I just posted it because its close to what Ryan mentioned

Thank you Rich, very helpful. Sorry, was under the impression that your 280 Sherman Mag was based on the some parent case as the 280 AI.

ZAR LRH, if you haven't seen this page before it's worth a read on a few 7mm's specifically used in long range BR shooting and has some load data that may assist in your decision making. It's a few years old so some of the newer powders will likely offer you a little more speed in some of the cartridges.
I also messaged a buddy who shoots a 7-300 wsm and he said his neck length is .2984" vs the SAAMI 7 wsm neck length is .2435"

Honestly if you want more than the 7mm SAUM do a 7mmWSM the neck in the WSM is fine. Build on a long action and throat to suit the projectile of choice.

Honestly if you want more than the 7mm SAUM do a 7mmWSM the neck in the WSM is fine. Build on a long action and throat to suit the projectile of choice.

4 sure, but I'd just do it on a 70 WSM action and call it a day. Add a stock that goes sub 28 ounce, keep the rifle at 7.5 all up (scoped, sling rounds) and get to it. Life's generally pretty easy :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.