270 Blaser Improved?

Wild Monkey

Who has one? How popular is the 270-7mm Blaser? Will the 270 WSM cancel out the blaser's performance? Is there already a comparable Case this short? I'm thinking the Nosler is way more capacity and length than I'm interested in. Do we need a WSM vs Blaser Case comparison thread? What would the exact Case capacity of the 270-7mm Blaser Improved be? If this is a repeat thread my apologies, please leave a link.

Last edited:
Well.......a 7mm blaser is 82gr powder, the rogue 7 blaser imp is 37° shoulder and a lil less taper believe it has 86-87 gr capacity. So same as a 270 weatherby essentially. 270wsm is 78gr. I do like the smaller blaser case, my only suggestion would be less taper and a 35° shoulder. Essentially a long necked 2.3" wsm case.

Comparing Capacity the 300 WSM is rated at 82 H20? So a Blaser improved is 4-5 grains more capacity?

Who has one? How popular is the 270-7mm Blaser? Will the 270 WSM cancel out the blaser's performance? Is there already a comparable Case this short? I'm thinking the Nosler is way more capacity and length than I'm interested in. Do we need a WSM vs Blaser Case comparison thread? What would the exact Case capacity of the 270-7mm Blaser Improved be? If this is a repeat thread my apologies, please leave a link.
Comparing Capacity the 300 WSM is rated at 82 H20? So a Blaser improved is 4-5 grains more capacity?

Why worry about the popularity? "If" you want it, built.

Feenix I was trying to gather info. I'm still checking into the 7mm Blaser Brass capabilities for other Calibers.

Feenix I was trying to gather info. I'm still checking into the 7mm Blaser Brass capabilities for other Calibers.

That's fine but wildcatting is not about popularity. For instance, I do not know anyone with .270-7MM Blaser but I know plenty with .270 WSM, .270 WBTY, .270 Sherman, etc ...

Now, if you want a common chambering that would offer the same performance as what .270-7MM Blaser can offer, that's a different story. "My" personal choice would be a .270 WSM 1-8" or faster and 26"+ barrel. Propel the 165/175 Matrix, 170 Berger, 168 Hammer Hunter and you're golden ... but that's just me.

Have thought about building one. The 270 was my favorite as a youth and I love my 7 blaser rogue I had built 2 seasons ago. But a 6.5 blaser might be a better fit between my 6mm cm and 7 rogue. Still undecided.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.