7mm SAUM OR 270 WSM HELP

I'd go SAUM as long as you're reloading. 7mm just has a wider selection of bullets and offers a greater difference in caliber from your PRC than the 270. The 270WSM is on the shelves slightly more frequently than the 7 SAUM in my area, if you're going for factory ammo.

That being said, when looking at published load data the 7SAUM offers a slight increase over the PRC you already have, but not enough for me to build one. If it's a matter of need, I'd say no. A matter of want? Up to you.

Im starting a new rifle build. Its going to be built off a defiance tenacity short action with a magnum bolt face. Here is the problem. I cant decide what caliber to use. Ive been thinking 7mm SAUM or a 270WSM. Ive already got a 6.5 prc so I dont need another, which probably means I also dont need a 6.5mm SAUM. This rifle is going to be used for target shooting and hunting. I have rifles to hunt every type of big game in North America with so this dosent have to fill a spacific roll. I just needs to have decent barrel life and the ability to throw heavy bullets at distant targets and critters. Im going to use a 26" barrel. Id like to here your opinions and reasons for opinions. Any real world experiances would be great to here
I'm in the process of building a 270WSM with a 7.5 twist just can't find 165-175 grain pills. The 270 will have a little more poop than the saum

I'd go SAUM as long as you're reloading. 7mm just has a wider selection of bullets and offers a greater difference in caliber from your PRC than the 270. The 270WSM is on the shelves slightly more frequently than the 7 SAUM in my area, if you're going for factory ammo.

That being said, when looking at published load data the 7SAUM offers a slight increase over the PRC you already have, but not enough for me to build one. If it's a matter of need, I'd say no. A matter of want? Up to you.
I am handloading so factory ammo isnt an issue. Speed isnt an issue as I normally hunt with a 28 nosler. Im just looking for something a little different and interesting to play with.

I have 2 270 wsm and just finished a 270 ss, absolutely love my new Sherman, buddy of mine has a nice 7mm saum and they all shoot about the same, hard choice... build or buy both and see what one you like better ;)