If rebarrelling 7mmWSM would you go to 7-300wsm for brass ?

Copy that , I'll contact him , also that Hornady brass would love to have some but I have never been able to see it in stock anywhere !

I set notifications at Midway and numerous other places and got lucky. You can call Hornady and ask them when the next run will be also. I was able to get 300 pieces. I just finished prepping 200 of them. I would just stay with 7WSM and eliminate the brain damage of getting new dies, etc… I also built mine with a 8.25 Twist Proof.

I set notifications at Midway and numerous other places and got lucky. You can call Hornady and ask them when the next run will be also. I was able to get 300 pieces. I just finished prepping 200 of them. I would just stay with 7WSM and eliminate the brain damage of getting new dies, etc… I also built mine with a 8.25 Twist Proof.
How's that proof , is it a laser beam ha ha , I'm searching for a new barrel right now to get the twist rate up honesty that the only reason mainly because the factory barrel is pretty accurate , no complaints there !

How's that proof , is it a laser beam ha ha , I'm searching for a new barrel right now to get the twist rate up honesty that the only reason mainly because the factory barrel is pretty accurate , no complaints there !
It's good so far but I really can't comment for sure as I'm only in the break in stage of it. I've not pushed it yet.

Last edited:
Lots of choices in 300 wsm brass, fewer in 270 wsm.
Unless you need really long bullets, I wouldn't consider the 6.8 Western case.
The 300 or 270 case will give you lots of oal flexibility in the 7 mm with that magazine length.