I visited the Bat Cave yesterday......I think

ss7mm

Yesterday I visited the Bat Cave, or was it Dream Works, or was it Oz??????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I can't really remember everything but there was a guy there named Kirby something. And I saw a really big long shiney………….and there was the huge brass with…………..and there were the little………..and there was the big heavy………..and the action with…………..and the pile of horns or something…………and I kinda remember a lot of great guns that are going to make a lot of people very proud and happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, yesterday morning, I visited Kirby Allen at Allen Precision Shooting in Montana, and it was a very interesting visit.

I've had several transactions with Kirby and shaking hands and putting a face with everything just turned out great. I saw a lot of stuff that would make you drool and came away knowing that another gun would be shooting great very soon. Now it's time to sit and watch out the window for the little brown truck to get here.

Just before I left, Kirby hooked me up to a couple of wires and had me stare into some bright, flashing, swirling lights and after that I just can't remember much at all. Sorry Mike, B.J., Steve, Roy etc. etc. I remember going in but the next thing I really remember is driving out the long driveway. Guess I'll just have to take him up on the offer I was allowed to remember, when the weather gets nice, and make another trip to Montana. Being one of the lucky guys that got to retire early has it's benefits.

Guys, what little I do remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifallows me to say that I can tell you that if you're looking for a good place to send your gun or a good place to have one created, it's down at the end of a long driveway, way out in the middle of nowhere, in Montana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hate you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only reason you beat me there is because I live 6 states away and the gas alone could probably pay for me another rifle.

I bet you got to see some amazing stuff

take it easy
steve

I think I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Every time I try to remember, I just keep seeing those flahing lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ya know where ya go for lying too ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

To say that I am not excited would be pushing eternal fate as well. Especially when you get little snippits of info along the way. From the image I have seen, it is definately going to receive special attention no doubt. Also if preliminary testing is anything to work towards improveing, well I got some very serious work cut out for me no doubt.

I can say this, it won't be too long till you see me with a ear to ear grin sitting beside a big fat hog, holding a piece of paper with some gawd aweful yardage across it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Lerch, just think your one state closer than me, and just to get out of Tx, I got to drive through about two of the first one you have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike:

You will be grinning and the hogs are in big trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gee guys, that long driveway is only about 30 minutes from mine!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Neeeenerneeeenerneeeeeeener!!!

Seriously though, I agree with SS7mm, not a nicer man can you meet.......aint too bad buildin' rifles either!

TO all,

Thanks for the kind words, It was great meeting SS7mm as we have worked on some very special projects in the past year or so. In fact I will say it is because of him that the 7mm AM came out as soon as it did and I greatly appreciate his help in the project.

Now to the claims of wires and bright flashing lights and such, NO COMMENT!!!

Just want every one to know that you are all welcome in my shop anytime but not all at once!!! Ain't nothing to look at for sure but it works well for me and hopefully alot of you as well.

Again, great meeting you in person SS7mm we will certainly have to set up a time to make some serious noise with that big long shinny pipe you saw!!!

Next time you see her she will be in her "Black Sunshine" outfit and ready for serious shooting!!!

Glad you got home in good shape!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Steve,

When that huge beast your building is ready you can just drive up and get it. Will be cheaper then the freight charge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

ya know when you pick that rifle up you will be doubling your rifle weight!!! Course BJ will be doubling his height!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just give both you you hell since I am 6 states away and can get away with it!!!

Anytime you guys want to come up give me the word and we will go do some shooting. Hell if you come this far I might as well take you up to RIchards and let you waste all his time, he has alot to waste these days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!! Better shut it or I will not be seeing any bullets............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Seriously though, if you want to take a road trip, just let me know.

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
Just give both you you hell since I am 6 states away and can get away with it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Better get that out of your system. It won't be long before you may be in range!!! I've been up in your neighborhood once before. Up north of Valier. Beautiful country up there. We may have to come up and shoot some chucks. I think they might be a little easier to hit @ the ranges we're talking!!!

Not busy hell,I can't even get him to stop for coffee he is stretched so thin(for time that is).

Roy:

I'd heard some guys were looking for some guns to be built or something like that but I just can't remember what I saw and what I can remember, I'm sworn to secrecy over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.