I think I have a problem

I found a set of dies at a semi chain local sporting goods store that was 75 % off. Used said 20$ dies to rationalize a 2 year hunt for the obscure rifle and brass to go with it. The spent even more for a custom stock and optics.... then I got married. Still buy guns but not like that.

This must be what it's like to be crazy at an asylum. Grand old time finding out you finally found your people.
@ Jim from Tn,..
ALWAYS Buy,.. your Brass, Primers, Bullets and,.. Powder, FIRST !
Then, Build or, Buy,.. the Rifle
Scopes, come,.. Last,.. "Nowadays",.. LOL !
Most of, us "Here" have those,.. 1st World,.. "Problems"

Last edited:
Worked very hard for a decade to have that first world problem... but if it doesn't work out I'll let you know :)

It would be a bizarre desk to follow. Was digging for my boat keys before I headed out this morning. Desk had a rem 700 rum action I bought local I'm shipping to an ffl for a buddy, the fast twist 20 cal barrel, a walnut blank I smuggled up in luggage that's going to be delivered to a guy who lived off grid, and the tallest ar mount I've ever seen that I pulled off a scope from local classifieds. It looks like I'm building a 20 cal rum with walnut stock for a ndebele tribesmen.....
@ButterBean and @Zen Archery i
Can see building a .200 rum.

A few months ago I bought an Anschutz 64p .22 lr pistol at a gun store. It was in very close to new condition. Price was good. So I went out to my truck to get my reading glasses to do the paperwork. When I got home I took the magazine out and it was stamped "22 WMR" I thought for a second it had the wrong magazine, turns out the gun is chambered in 22 WMR! I called one of my shooting buddies and told him " well it's gotten so bad I an buying guns that I don't even know what they are!"
Hell I just bought a rifle not knowing if ammo will ever be produced again (17WSM). Instead of purchasing (17HMR) one that ammo is readily available for. LOL And to top it off. After purchasing the rifle And scrolling a little farther. I saw it came in a Boyds stock. I will be buying aftermarket. Unfortunately it will cost me more for the Boyds stock than if I had just bought the rifle with the stock. And who knows when I will get to shoot it, ammo ? Sure seemed like a good deal though. **** I do some dumb sh!t. lol

Last batch of 17 wsm to my knowledge was the ntx winchester and before that some hornady one in March and the other maybe April. I think the companies kinda try and hit seasonal stuff, guessing we'll see some again in limited numbers mid spring again.

I started 2020 with a really big stash of 17 WSM. But then got a screaming deal on an auto loader and boy has the stack gotten smaller quick. We're probably looking mid to upper $20s when it comes back.

Last batch of 17 wsm to my knowledge was the ntx winchester and before that some hornady one in March and the other maybe April. I think the companies kinda try and hit seasonal stuff, guessing we'll see some again in limited numbers mid spring again.

I started 2020 with a really big stash of 17 WSM. But then got a screaming deal on an auto loader and boy has the stack gotten smaller quick. We're probably looking mid to upper $20s when it comes back.
I hope to score some, somewhere before then. Time to hit the estate sales & fles markets again.