I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shipped a AR barrel from Texas to Ga, it wound its way thru the system and then somehow wound up in Alaska. A few days later it came back to the lower 48 only to wind up back in Dallas and then disappeared. Fast forward a month later, it was rescanned back in the system in Brownsville, then disappeared again.

I had already refunded the buyers money and we both laughed about the trip, I watched it as entertainment for another 3 or so weeks. About a month after that, he called me and said guess what I have in my hands? It took 3 days shy of 3 months to make it 4 states away to Dahlonega, at that point, I said keep it as a gift or give it away to another shooter.

That happened 3 years ago, so this isn't something new, it's just magnified by their lack of staying solvent and trying to hostage the public in front of congress to make them solvent.

USPS in general gets it right, but they are slammed with this "pandemic", everything is being offered for delivery because it's supposedly "unsafe" to shop in person.

I recently made a trade on this site, I've bought and sold dozens of items here. I broke my own rules on the last one and didn't insist on a phone call. It worked out just fine, I just got sloppy with some other things going on.
I hope this all works out for you. It'll serve as a good reminder to me.
I just never had a problem here, it starts to feel like a "safe" place......it's still the internet.

If it was sent USPS, it is probably hung up in shipping. I recently had a package that was sent 3 day priority and it took a week and half for the deliver. Good luck...and don't do mail in voting.
Had the same experience on a small item but it took 3 weeks to get to me and the package was mangled all up. USPS said it was held up 35 miles away from me.

Hope this works out, and I hope the seller is safe. I bought some custom cedar arrows once, and didn't receive them for a long time and then got a call from his daughter. Told her to just keep the money, but she said he wouldn't have wanted that. FWIW, it took a letter with check 6 days to get 120 miles in Montana last week.

I sold a couple hundred pcs. of brass to someone on this site earlier this summer. He sent me tracking number on his money order. I shipped the package and it made it to him quickly. Saw the money order leave his town and stop in a regional hub for over month. I asked the buyer to let the thing play out for a while prior to reissuing. He put a trace on the money after a couple of weeks. That did not work. He reissued the money order and I quickly received it. Old money order arrived the day after I cashed the reissued money order. It looked like it had been run over by a truck. I sent the old money order back to the buyer. The postal system is in some form of disarray right now. My business has had to reissue many checks. Knowing this problem in advance, sellers and buyers should stay in regular communication and immediately share tracking info. Hate it but recommend USPS 2 day Express Mail, UPS or FedEx.

I recently had a package coming from New York to Maryland where I live, sent 2 day priority. It made it to the local post office quickly, where it should have gone out for delivery. Instead it went to Alabama, which took like five days. From there it went to North Carolina, up to Virginia, then back to Maryland. All total it was almost three weeks. Then one day it just showed up. USPS is not real good these days.

I had some brass that I was shipped to me through Usps. It showed the 3 day trip to my post office and then showed "out for delivery". It never showed. I checked with all my neighbors to see if it had been delivered to their house by mistake. Nothing. I went to the post office. Postmaster said they never received it so I showed her my tracking info. She was baffled but said to give it a few weeks. How it could show all that Info but not be received by my local post office, I'll never know. Anyway it showed up last week looking as if it had been in a war, only a mere 6 weeks from the time I ordered it.

You paid with a USPS MO? Thats a good thing. I believe the post office can go after the person for mail fraud if they scammed you. Maybe try to use the address and name to find a phone number to call. Or a realtive to call.

Sometimes things unplanned happen. I had a custom knife order with a knifemaker that died. :( His estate contacted me after no response for ~3 weeks.

In the end, it all worked out to my satisfaction.

Also, it is very possible to be held up in transit from general slow Covid deliveries or, between fires and storms, service may be delayed.

Was the money order cashed? Did you contact the USPS office and check on its status?

I have a Swarovski spotting scope that shows it was delivered by FedEx last Thursday. Because of the cost involved, seller had it signature required, no electronic signature. I live 1.1 miles from the paved county road, the driver left it at the cattle guard in plain sight of the road. Well, it was delivered at noonish, I was at the mailbox at 12:20 and there was no package, so I assumed it was taken to the house, since the GF works from home, she was there. Well, nope, I tried for 4 days to get in contact with FedEx, specifically a US based representative, they finally called me this morning, their stance is that they delivered it, I said OK, who signed for it, back and forth with the representative who finally called the driver who said he left it at the gate, I asked him who signed for it, he said no one, he just left it. They agreed to refund the seller the insured amount, so now I get a brand new one for the cost of a demo unit.

So it's not just USPS, they all are infected with less than stellar employees.

I am curious, who pays, doesn't the home delivery FedEx drivers own their vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.