I think I’ve been scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a scope, he never shared the tracking number. He said it was being delayed at each hub it came through. My money order took about 10 days to reach him .

It's awfully nice when sellers have the courtesy to keep you informed after they've received your money. Why some don't, only they can speak to their actions. I hope you receive whatever you paid for. I understand that "what's up" feeling. I had a gunsmith once go on for months without communication. I figured it was a lost cause... He had my $1600 action and another $1600 in build parts. Had BAT Machine Company not intervened on my behalf, that gunsmith might still have my parts, or have sold them off. Big time bummer and stresser... at the time.

But 5 days? Give it some more time to play out before panicking, is my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Two things,
First, a seller has a responsibility to immediately provide a tracking number to the buyer; bad move on Savagescott to not do so.

Second, USPS has been having excessive delays trying to force Congress to give them another bailout. I purchase a set of rings from Opticsplanet. They shipped immediately. I saw my package sit for 3 weeks at the same distribution center. After 3 weeks, you can file a claim for lost packages, which we did. My package showed up the day after we filed the claim. (Interestingly, to my home address even though the package was clearly marked with my P.O. Box address)

Never ship via USPS unless it is a 2 day Priority shipment.

It was a scope, he never shared the tracking number. He said it was being delayed at each hub it came through. My money order took about 10 days to reach him .

Highly unlikely not to have or share a tracking number. That's one of the first things I do. FWIW, I've had pretty good service from the USPS.

I was scammed on another board by a guy wanting paid by Venmo. He posted there as kurt123 with an email of [email protected] He subsequently got the BOOT.

Last edited:
I had a scare this past month, I sent a rod tube to seller and it sat in New York's facility for 3 weeks. Finally it arrived to the seller and it worked out. What sort of money order did you send? Postal money orders may be tracked and you may be able to get your money back. Hope this all works out for you. This has been the best site to buy from. The members here are really first class . It's a shame that there are some jerk lowlifes out there.

Yes USPS has been a big hit and miss lately. I have had many things in the last 2 months take 2 weeks plus to get their. I mailed 3 things out 1 day, a scope and 2 barrels. I live a little North East of Cincinnati. The scope went to Texas and was their in 3 days. 1 barrel went to Michigan a state above me and took a tad over 2 weeks. The other Went to another state next to me and also took the same amount of time. If it has only been about a week it may be hung up some where. I always send the buyer a tracking number the day it has been sent. Hope things work out well for you.

Sent a barrel out first week of august. Watched mailman pick it up —— tracking never showed that it was picked up by USPS??? ——— fast forward 16 days later it shows that it was picked up and delivered 2k miles away all in the same day!

Being a long time member - and the fact the last time he broke communication was the last time he logged onto this website - I wouldn't be too worried here.

I can get my money back on the Postal money order if it goes uncashed for 30 days . Considered lost at that point. He received it 8-27-20 So that's out !

Once he accepted your money he had an obligation to follow through and that began with supplying a tracking number so that you didn't end up in the situation that you are in now. Knowing that you don't have a tracking number he should be in communication until the item is received.

This may all work out and the guy may be an honest seller but he should have taken steps to ensure things went smoothly. Taking your money and disappearing before you received your purchase is concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.