I need a copper remover

I use wipeout and it just keeps coming out blue. After a few hours still the same. I have iosso paste and scrub it 15-20 times still blue. The gun is only a year old and I haven't shot it that much

Sweet's 7.62 works very well…no time do you leave it in the barrel for more than 15 minutes, and scrub it out with metho or isopropyl.

Cheers.
I like Montana Extreme but it's very similar i think…AMMONIA! Best used outdoors or in a well ventilated area unless you really like the squeeze sensation in your lungs accompanied
By the scent of ultra concentrated cat **** 🤣.

It does work good.

I have used K G Products and it works well but I am going to try Montana Extreme 50 BMG to see if it works better.My gunsmith told me he has switched to using it all the time now.Put it in and let it soak for 10 minutes and scrub and wipe it out.On bad copper fouling you may have to do it more than once or twice but he said it works better than anything he has ever used.
Since I work in my basement I will take it to the garage for this as it is strong.
PBramble is correct as always,brass jags will give you false copper signs every time,so I use aluminum or coated jags.

If it is coming out blue I would say that there is still copper. Do you use a brass brush? That will also create false positive. I use a nylon brush if it continues to come out with powder or copper residue. I used to use KG products, then Boretech, and switched to wipeout bc it is so easy.

But get the accelerator as has been mentioned, and also use patch out and run several wet patches through. I have yet to find a solution where a spray, sit, and wipe gets everything. I will do wipeout with accelerator and then run a nylon brush with maybe 15 strokes, and then clean it with KG3 / brake cleaner. I'll run patch out a few times and If it is still showing residue I'll either use a brush again or another round of wipeout, let it sit for another 20 minutes (or maybe 30-45 if I feel like it needs a bit more), and repeat as needed (but it has never taken more than probably two of the cycles I just described).

Barnes CR-10 and follow that with a bit of JB bore paste ,then Kroil, can get a barrel bright clean. If a guy has a Q-tip, bent in an L shape, set in the muzzle and use a bright LED penlight, to final inspect. The white off the Q-tip makes for a easy quick close inspection to read for traces of copper.

You should not be having a copper fouling build up, if you only had the rifle a year and haven't shot it that much,(less than 100 rounds). Personally I don't believe copper fouling plays as big a role as we are told to believe. I have never used a copper cleaning agent on any of my firearms and never experienced accuracy issues or pressure issues. All I've ever used is Hoppe's #9 & Ballistol.

Recent Posts