I need a copper remover

I have tried all the above and they all work ( from hoppes to Sweets) to a degree but some are wait 24 to 48 hours and wipe the barrel out. I have gone entirely to Bore tech carbon remover and then the copper out.. It cleans quickly and easily. 10 minutes on mildly fouled barrels to 15 to 20 on stuff that has been shot 30 to 50 times. The beauty of this stuff is if you get side tracked and forget about it for and hour or so it will not hurt your barrels. When I am done I wipe a patch, damp with Black Diamond through the barrel and it is ready to go.

Rooster My local distributor in San Antonio said for me to give you his phone number. I will not put his name out here but call him at 210-316-9428. He will give you the info you need to order it. Now to answer your question it is a very fine lubricant and metal protector. The key ingredient is called Nano Diamonds. this stuff was tested in Alaska in some extremely cold environments and the AR-15's and bolt gun would not function. They were sprayed down (pump bottle) and then tested and the bolt guns functioned and the AR's ran like they were on Ball bearings. There will be a lot of people who will doubt it but it works in the cold and the heat. It is a very thin lubricant that has proven itself time and time again.

Rooster My local distributor in San Antonio said for me to give you his phone number. I will not put his name out here but call him at 210-316-9428. He will give you the info you need to order it. Now to answer your question it is a very fine lubricant and metal protector. The key ingredient is called Nano Diamonds. this stuff was tested in Alaska in some extremely cold environments and the AR-15's and bolt gun would not function. They were sprayed down (pump bottle) and then tested and the bolt guns functioned and the AR's ran like they were on Ball bearings. There will be a lot of people who will doubt it but it works in the cold and the heat. It is a very thin lubricant that has proven itself time and time again.
I'll give him a call.
Thanks

Just watched a youtube video on Qmaxx products and Black Diamond was used.Very interesting :

Looks to be a better mouse trap!If you could condition a barrel maybe it would not copper up or carbon up as badly,don't know for sure but I'm willing to try some to find out!

I have tried all the above and they all work ( from hoppes to Sweets) to a degree but some are wait 24 to 48 hours and wipe the barrel out. I have gone entirely to Bore tech carbon remover and then the copper out.. It cleans quickly and easily. 10 minutes on mildly fouled barrels to 15 to 20 on stuff that has been shot 30 to 50 times. The beauty of this stuff is if you get side tracked and forget about it for and hour or so it will not hurt your barrels. When I am done I wipe a patch, damp with Black Diamond through the barrel and it is ready to go.
Taws, Amazon sells it also so I ordered some from them and will give it a try.I also ordered the oil pen and will test it out and see.
Amazon product ASIN B07GG4TJ7S

I use wipeout and it just keeps coming out blue. After a few hours still the same. I have iosso paste and scrub it 15-20 times still blue. The gun is only a year old and I haven't shot it that much
Are you using a brass brush? If so, the copper in the brass could be what you're seeing. I use a white nylon brush and aluminum jag when using copper remover.

Then the nylon brushes are not dislodging the built up copper I would think.For hard to clean bores I use a different way.
I use a size over bore size.I shoot a 30 caliber so I run a 35 caliber brass brush through the bore with a good copper solvent soaked brush 15 to 20 strokes then start cleaning the bore again.Eventually the copper will come out.When it gets less I run a carbon cleaner soaked brush the same way as the carbon will layer on top of the copper.My Weatherby Vanguard 300 weatherby mag takes a while to get spotless but this is the way I get it spotless.Over and over until it's zero blue on a copper solvent aluminum jag.Then zero dark on clean carbon cleaner soaked patch.
Edit to add:
https://www.boretech.com/products/proof-positive-rifle-jag a non-brass jag that will not show a false positive

Last edited:
I buy Pro Shot or Dewey bronze bristle brushes 6 dozen at a time per caliber, and have since the 80s. Also, use the Iosso and Montana Extreme plastic brushes for scrubbing back and forth to remove the worst of hard-cooked carbon. I had access to a bore scope since 1987, they were the first medical devices.

The very, very best bronze bristle brushes are good for 50 strokes, then use them for tough scrubbing with Bronze wool wound in them with Iosso Paste, Flitz bore cleaner, or JB. This method has been developed by folks that shoot hard. Thurro Clean is a relatively new product that is producing fine results, bore scope says, but I can't say it is much better than Flitz bore cleaner, JB Bore Brite, or Iosso paste. I will warn you that overuse of some of these abrasives can open throat dia, with regular Flitz being the least offender. I measure throat dia with a PTG Grizzley rod and large sets of reamer pilots graduated in 0.0002 increments.

If you consult the Machinist Manual, you will see that the Coefficient of Friction is greater with Plastic on steel vs Bronze on steel.

The very large bristles of the best Plastic brushes do not clean well in the radius of the bore dia and land height.

The tips of the brush are what do the scrubbing aiding by the amount of flex in the bristle putting pressure on the bristle tip. As the brush bristle wears, the force that the bristle exerts diminishes. If you use an oversize brush, you are bending the tip away from the bore surface where the shank of a bristle is contacting the bore, Bristle will break. While the brush goes through the bore very tight, the brush may not clean effectively. Bore scope tells all.

Some new cut rifle barrels are hell on wheels to clean, especially copper. NEVER depend on patches to tell you what is clean.

I hate cleaning gun barrels with a passion, but it has proved absolutely necessary to keep the carbon out of the barrel for those tiny groups that will give me incredible accuracy at 600 yards. Copper is a very minor issue compared to carbon.

I have bought many used Match SS barrels that were not shot out, but they were simply fouled to the point where they had "lost their accuracy". Paying a gunsmith $90 per hour to clean your barrel is not prudent, thus he recommends a new barrel. Said barrel owner had rather replace barrel than clean gun barrels, to each his own, barrels are expendable.

VinceMule I enjoy your experience.I spent 3 cans of Wipeout and Wipeout Accelerator trying to get a barrel clean and NOTHING but an oversized brush could do it.
If the barrel is damaged it's not showing on paper yet.300 weatherby mag is not a rifle I shoot many many groups with.I have a round count of 220 rounds down the barrel.
I have been using a borescope for the past 7 or 8 years and the barrel gets super clean but coppers up with 3 rounds so the bore is rough.Need a new barrel badly and will get it done one day.
Again appreciate your experience.