I have around $2k to spend on a scope

Can you get a March for $2k? Nx8 in ffp is hard to beat. I also have a Zeiss v6, S&B and an NXS. The Nx8 is my favorite...

Last minute option and this is what I ordered. I wrote 3 down and put them in a hat. Drew this one this morning and I ordered it. Got a heck of a deal on it too. Ky gun co had it for $1584 shipped! pr1 reticle 5-25x56.
Nice. Great Price. Bardstown Ky. Buy a scope get free bottle of Bourbon? Good luck with it.

Last edited:
How does a Vortex Razor AMG 6-24 compare with some of these under 2k scopes? I can get a NX8 or an AMG through a buddy for close to the same price. I have no experience with either so I will take any advice y'all have.

I just ordered a NX8 4-32 FFP MIL-C reticle. Have not received it yet, I'm sure it will be super nice! Will be going on my 6.5 PRC... This is my first large investment into good glass. I was between the NX8 and Razor Gen 2.

I have had the shv, the vx5hd, the vx6hd, Swarovski..
I want to step it up to see if the difference is really there and worth it for another $1000...
I want sfp
4-20
5-25
Something similar...
No Christmas tree reticle
No grids
Just dots or small moa hash

need feedback before I make a decision
Have you looked into Valdata IOR. I have used NF, US Optics, Steiner. I would put Valdata up against these bad boys any day. That scope has a ton of options to choose from. (( Leupold used to etch your glass to your exact specifications)) not sure if they still do that. They would only do it on their scopes though.

I chose the leupold 176448
Couldn't pass up the deal plus I want to like a ffp scope so bad I can't stand it. I like leupold, like the 5-25 power, like the 35mm tube and it's a lot lighter than anything in its class. Perfect hunting scope in my opinion. Haven't read 1 bad review about them. I have a line on an nx8 4-32 f2 that I can get at a very good deal. Thinking about picking it up too and running a full blown test on each In the field and keeping what I like best...

I chose the leupold 176448
Couldn't pass up the deal plus I want to like a ffp scope so bad I can't stand it. I like leupold, like the 5-25 power, like the 35mm tube and it's a lot lighter than anything in its class. Perfect hunting scope in my opinion. Haven't read 1 bad review about them. I have a line on an nx8 4-32 f2 that I can get at a very good deal. Thinking about picking it up too and running a full blown test on each In the field and keeping what I like best...
Can't go wrong with Leupold. Ask Leupold and see if they will etch your glass the way you want. If I remember right they only charged me $100 to do it. I had 5 hash marks up from center 20 hash marks everywhere else with smaller 1/2 measurements in between. My center crosshair had a 1 MOA circle ⭕️. IR

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.