338 lapua platforms for around 2K?

I have a TRG22 in 260 and a TRG22 in 308. I will add a TRG42 to the fold some day. The stock is very comfortable, trigger the best I have used, slick bolt, short bolt throw, and very easy to shoot well. They maintain their resale value and are a quick option for a very nice rifle. The bipod is expensive, but is nicely integrated and designed.

That is not what I mean, I am no good at linking but I LOOKED AT A TRR for sale on the net, in last few days. I am interested in a Lapua myself and have had my eye out for last year. Just like the Hide had a group by last fall on trg 42 for $2250.

sp6x6:

Understood - with no info to suggest that was a price you had seen (offered for sale), the round number looked (to me) to be an MSRP - thus my response.

If we open it up to "deals" - which hopefully the poster will do as a "today" shopper - then a NEW, base 338 LM rig (i.e., less scope, base, rings, bipod, etc.) can be scored for under $1000, EVEN with brake, rail , and adjustable comb - see Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Frankly, havng gone the "piece-part/custom" route, if the poster would like something NOW, the Savages on the linked page would probably do nicely. Also, frankly, Savage has IMHO the most economical, quality solution in the market. The 110BA on that same page is an excellent rifle at $1899, shipped. Even if you shoot out a barrel, Shilen has pre-fits for well under $400. See Welcome to Shilen Rifles, Inc.

$2k is NOT a barrier to shooting a great rifle.

sp6x6:

Understood - with no info to suggest that was a price you had seen (offered for sale), the round number looked (to me) to be an MSRP - thus my response.

If we open it up to "deals" - which hopefully the poster will do as a "today" shopper - then a NEW, base 338 LM rig (i.e., less scope, base, rings, bipod, etc.) can be scored for under $1000, EVEN with brake, rail , and adjustable comb - see Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Frankly, havng gone the "piece-part/custom" route, if the poster would like something NOW, the Savages on the linked page would probably do nicely. Also, frankly, Savage has IMHO the most economical, quality solution in the market. The 110BA on that same page is an excellent rifle at $1899, shipped. Even if you shoot out a barrel, Shilen has pre-fits for well under $400. See Welcome to Shilen Rifles, Inc.

$2k is NOT a barrier to shooting a great rifle.

Buds is one place I buy a lot of stuff from. Always had good service from them

I have the savage 110 fcp in 338 lapua with a vortex pst 6-24 scope and got it all for under 2000...now my shooting partner has te Sako Trg and there are definatlety some perks, but as far as shooting goes this thing drives tacks and is shooting well under moa out to 1500 yards... I don't really care for the looks of the ba savage, but I am sure it is a shooter as well....savage is a real player for accurate out of the box weapons.

Jordan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts