I guess dirt is valuable

To a lot of individuals, price is essentially irrelevant. Pay what it takes to get what you need and move on. Heartbeats are the critical non-replenishable resource. Money is a commodity that is easily renewable. That's why I worked hard and smart for 50+ years, so I can buy what I want and never be price constrained. Big plus over having to be a penny pincher. I choose thriving over surviving.....much better experience.
Money is NOT necessarily an easily replaced commodity for some people. I, too, have worked well over 50 years and also am not price constrained. I just find my way to thrive and/or survive is not by feeding someone's bank account when I know the true value of something unless, of course, they're selling heartbeats.

Last summer somebody (can remember which company) had a case (5000) of .22 LR on sale for $140.00. As you can not reload them and my grandson, his friend and my neighbor boy just love it when I take them to the range to shoot, I bought a case. Now I am glad I did. And NO I do not have any for sale!

Midway had bricks (500) of Thunderbolt on sale in the summer of 2019 for between $14-15 multiple times. I picked up a few (6) for use, but just knew they would explode in price some day. I kick myself for not buying more. I could sell them in 3 seconds for $40 each - and even at that price not be called a gouger. They were even on sale during a free shipping special, so to my door with tax for less than $16 per brick.

Midway had bricks (500) of Thunderbolt on sale in the summer of 2019 for between $14-15 multiple times. I picked up a few (6) for use, but just knew they would explode in price some day. I kick myself for not buying more. I could sell them in 3 seconds for $40 each - and even at that price not be called a gouger. They were even on sale during a free shipping special, so to my door with tax for less than $16 per brick.
Back in about 1989 there was a sporting goods store in Missoula going out of business. They had bricks of CCI Stingers and Remington Yellow jackets for $8.00 each. I bought 10 of each. Still shooting them!

Back in about 1989 there was a sporting goods store in Missoula going out of business. They had bricks of CCI Stingers and Remington Yellow jackets for $8.00 each. I bought 10 of each. Still shooting them!
I can do better than that. In 1995 in Lafayette, LA, I went into a Jumbo Sports. As I was there, they guy rolled out a pallet of Remington .22LR bricks. There must have been 500 bricks (250,000) rds. He then put out a sign they were discounted to $5 per brick. I bought 20 bricks, and the guy behind me was in town for a gun show (dealer) bought the rest. I saw him the next day at the gun show and he was selling them for $10 per brick, which was $2 below the going rate.

Shot all mine up sometime between 1995 and 2010.

Thanks for the heads up post, Cheaper than dirt will never get a dime from me ....... ever! That is a very short sited business practice. I can't get over those prices!

Just saw this on cheaper than dirt website.
That's insane ! Couple days ago I bought the same Win. 22's in 525 count for $22.97 at Walmart , and a box of 3 inch #4 buck for $15.97 just because it's all they had except 350 Legend For $22 97. I didn't need anything but you know how it is. But a $160.00 ! I haven't bought from them in few years. Sure won't now for sure !

Last edited:
Natchez . Just comparing . Cabela's same. Cheap Dirt should be boycotted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-095309.png
    Screenshot_20210104-095309.png
    149 KB · Views: 88
Seem nice that CTD spent a lot of money on 22lr inventory. Now they can let it sit because nobody is going to buy it. Seem like money well spent on their part - Hee Hee!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.