Dirt particles inside scope

Good service and warranty are ALWAYS appreciated and creates strong loyalty in the customer base for sure. I have a rather inexpensive brand of scope on a .22-250 that I drag across the cactus and sage crawling up on prairie dogs. After six years a lens seal sprung a leak. I received a new scope within a week from the manufacturer. If I ever need another cheapo for midday prairie dogging you know I am going back to this same manufacturer.

I had a similar issue with a set of Leica binos, I would only see it occasionally after hiking thru brush and i thought it was something on the eye piece or objective but I could never see it. Then I realized it was always on the left bino and started paying attention and found I could lean them to the left, tap on them and it would show up. It was annoying but didn't really hurt the performance but as stated not what you would expect from a $2,500+ optic. They fixed it for free but took their sweet time.

I had a VX3 that had black specs in it, I notified Leupold and sent it back for repair. after a couple of months I called and they went out and found my scope. said it would be fixed and sent back soon.
In a few weeks my scope showed up.....still sporting the black specks. I called Leupold and made arrangements to send it back again.
I finally got my scope back and for the most part the specks are gone but I was left with a bad taste in my mouth with the customer service. I own a few other Leupolds and have not had any issues with them, honestly I love them for my hunting setup.

Leupold will fix it and do it right, including the leak test. I have 3, 4x fixed Leupy scopes on Contender barrels. I put the .44 up to shoot and a greasy brass washer appears in the ocular lens! Opps, somthin' came loose somewhere in there. Leupold had it back in about 3 weeks, fixed up & cleaned up. Still shoots just fine. Actually, if any of them were going to come loose, I figured it would be the 30-30 but it's still going strong.
Cheers,
crkckr

Are you sure it's not a Chinese knock off? If you bought it from a reputable dealer...no brainier...send it back...if you didn't.. research it first...save the freight back.
Purchased at Cabela's

Purchased at Cabela's
Then I would go to Cabela's first and right away...they are exceptional with returns in Canada. Should save you some time. I have read the articles above and wait times as well as repairs are discussed. When I buy something Brand New I will not settle for it to be repaired! I won't wait weeks for my NEW item to come back...that's why I would deal with Cabela's...replace or refund..never repair for me!

Last edited:
I bought a Nikon on eBay at a good price, because I'd heard they had a good warranty. The reticle broke, and I remembered why all of my other guns had Leupolds on them. Nikon's warranty is only good for the original owner with receipt and warranty card. I'm guessing they don't have to fix too many scopes. I replaced it with a Leupold. The one time I had to deal with Leupold, I had lost a scope cap. The guy on the phone said he'd drop two in an evelope and send them, and then told me they weren't really necessary, and I could hunt without the cap. No charge. I'm still impressed.

Then I would go to Cabela's first and right away...they are exceptional with returns in Canada. Should save you some time. I have read the articles above and wait times as well as repairs are discussed. When I buy something Brand New I will not settle for it to be repaired! I won't wait weeks for my NEW item to come back...that's why I would deal with Cabela's...replace or refund..never repair for me!
Called Cabela's they have a 90 day return policy said I need to go to Leupold

Called Cabela's they have a 90 day return policy said I need to go to Leupold
Talk to the MANAGER at the store you bought it from....should be a different story....ask him why the warranty their BOOTS for life and 90 days on a scope. Tell him your confidence was in Cabela's not Luepold....

Leupold's lifetime policy is great, so much so I will buy all their scopes in the future. I had a 12X suffer lens seperation, purchased in the 1960's. Last year it was sent to the Australian Agents for repair and within a week I had a new VX 6.5 -20 x 40 replacement scope. Now that's service, so much so I told 5 shooting friends and all were very impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.