I guess dirt is valuable

Curious since CTD is in TX, is an essential business, just file complaint with AG AGAIN? If confirmed, it could get ugly for them as repeat offender. So if you are a Texan I would "fire" away at CTD! The only way to stop this crap is to make it unprofitable to these dirtbags.

Link to TX AG: TX AG On Line Complaint

Last edited:
Feenix, totally agree bigger fish to fry but sometimes you have to take a stand. If I lived in TX, a few minutes of my time to express my outrage on someone taking advantage of a disaster I wouldn't hesitate.
I will not spend too much time and energy on this thread, but I respond because you are quoting me, and I respect that. Expressing your outrage elevates more energy, not to mention your blood pressure rise but accomplishes nothing and just further infuriates you unnecessarily. As others noted, they have been taken to court, and nothing happened. The best thing we can all do collectively is NOT supporting/buying from them. "If" people are willing and able to pay for their prices, that's their individual choice and right to do so. I am in no way condoning CTD's action, but no one is being forced to buy from them ... it is really that simple. Cheers!

One has to be intelligent enough to know what is reasonable and what is not and that intelligence comes from experience. You cannot get on any site and get into a bidding war just because you want to "win". That's how so many people offering these products make "bank". I've bid on several items over the years, won some, lost some. When I won I felt I got a reasonable deal. When I lost I felt that I still won because I didn't overpay. I've also found that, in time, what I want will eventually reappear for a reasonable price.
To a lot of individuals, price is essentially irrelevant. Pay what it takes to get what you need and move on. Heartbeats are the critical non-replenishable resource. Money is a commodity that is easily renewable. That's why I worked hard and smart for 50+ years, so I can buy what I want and never be price constrained. Big plus over having to be a penny pincher. I choose thriving over surviving.....much better experience.

To a lot of individuals, price is essentially irrelevant. Pay what it takes to get what you need and move on. Heartbeats are the critical non-replenishable resource. Money is a commodity that is easily renewable. That's why I worked hard and smart for 50+ years, so I can buy what I want and never be price constrained. Big plus over having to be a penny pincher. I choose thriving over surviving.....much better experience.
Money is easily renewable? Let us be wary of what the value of our money will be after a few years of the new administration.

Money is easily renewable? Let us be wary of what the value of our money will be after a few years of the new administration.
Might be on Par with the Canadian Peso!... I can't figure out our dollar....in this country...like the U.S. and even more so....due to our small population vs the U.S. we have a great deal More....lumber, fresh water, natural gas, mining, gold and even diamonds....but a crappy dollar....my wife and I went to Cuba probably 14 years ago...CUBA...has nothing...their Peso (dollar) was at 3200 to 1 of ours....3400+ to one 1 U.S. Fast forward...now their dollar is more than the U.S dollar.....what changed...oh yeah the U.S. lifted the embargo....so what...they still have nothing to trade!......Go figure! Ooooops sorry....the have CIGARS!

Might be on Par with the Canadian Peso!... I can't figure out our dollar....in this country...like the U.S. and even more so....due to our small population vs the U.S. we have a great deal More....lumber, fresh water, natural gas, mining, gold and even diamonds....but a crappy dollar....my wife and I went to Cuba probably 14 years ago...CUBA...has nothing...their Peso (dollar) was at 3200 to 1 of ours....3400+ to one 1 U.S. Fast forward...now their dollar is more than the U.S dollar.....what changed...oh yeah the U.S. lifted the embargo....so what...they still have nothing to trade!......Go figure! Ooooops sorry....the have CIGARS!
I heard that Bill Clinton is a big fan of Cuban cigars. But then again, he and his wife have made a lot of money in this country somehow. I guess he can afford Cuban cigars no matter how much the value of the American dollar is in Cuba.

I heard that Bill Clinton is a big fan of Cuban cigars. But then again, he and his wife have made a lot of money in this country somehow. I guess he can afford Cuban cigars no matter how much the value of the American dollar is in Cuba.
Apparently he was....but the Cubans are shipped only Rum dipped!

Cuba can provide a lot of lessons on the subject at hand, actually. I spent 10 days there in 2019. This picture pretty much sums up how the whole country operates. It's a group of locals moving a refrigerator with a wagon. We saw dozens of wagons that day alone being used for transportation—this was just the only one with a refrigerator. Price gouging in times of scarcity might be an attribute of the free market none of us enjoys, but the alternative, wherein government dictates prices, has many more negative consequences in my experience.

94DE5A16-1F6E-4391-8398-5019689F1755.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.